View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2017, 09:02 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
Oakpaw was startled to see such a protective layer of herbs flake off in moments. Herbs were really weird! Oakpaw stared at her paw. The cuts were still visible, but they were healing. Oakpaw frowned. She knew she would have some nasty scars. At Shinefang's request, Oakpaw tried to move her foot just a little. Only a tingling feeling came back in return. There was no movement in her toes, and her claws did not sheath. Blinking, Oakpaw tried again. The same reaction occurred. "It didn't work," she half wailed. "Why isn't it working? Why can't I sheath my claws?" Eyes shimmering with fear, Oakpaw tried and tried again. Oakpaw lashed her tail, beginning to grow frustrated with herself. Great StarClan! If I can't even sheath my claws, how can I be a warrior?
Shinefang watched as the younger cat struggled to sheath her claws. He kept his gaze steady on the shecat, but his heart began to sank as what he had feared began to look more likely. He saw her starting to get frantic as well. "Shhhhhhh, calm down. Breathe," he said in a low tone, trying to sooth her nerves. "Is it painful at all? What do you feel in your paw and leg?" Shinefang earnestly hoped she would tell him it was painful. Pain meant that the limb was still alive, just hurt. Numbness or tingling could mean that the paw was beyond hurt.