View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2017, 08:47 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
As Shinefang confirmed her fears, Oakpaw squeezed her eyes shut and clawed at the ground. If only she hadn't been so stupid! What was she thinking, waltzing up to the Thunderpath like an untrained apprentice? Stupid! Stupid! What would Magnoliawool say? Oakpaw looked up at the den entrance as if Magnoliawool were about to walk in at that moment, but nothing happened. Oakpaw looked over at the medicine cat. He looked just as upset as her about this. She opened her jaws to speak, but the words she had formed in her head began to cloud and disappear. There was nothing to be said. Letting out a small sigh, Oakpaw laid her head on her paws. The same image of her mentor kept coming back to mind until Oakpaw felt sick to her stomach with worry. What would she say? What could she say? Oakpaw sheathed her claws on her good paw, and looked up at Shinefang. "What will you tell her? My mentor?"
Shinefang shook his head in a futile gesture to contain the irritation he had toward the shecat who hadn't kept a closer eye on the apprentice. "You can tell her whatever you like. I plan to tell her to learn to use her sense if she wants to train apprentices. I've trained four to become warriors and I made sure they were too busy to go running off on dangerous adventures." The old tom gave a huff of frustration. "I wouldn't worry about that now though. Like I said, your paw may never be the same, but more time to heal may improve the function of your leg. You should rest and have some freshkill. Do you want me to check for anything in particular on he freshkill pile?" It was a small consolation, but it was true. The little bones may be irreparable, but perhaps her leg would be just fine. He clung to that sliver of hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
Purekit nodded, "Okay," she meowed. "Swanheart is a lot older than me." The female twitched her tail, wondering whether she should stand up and follow the tom cat as he padded back into his herb stores. Purekit stood up upon making up her mind. But, before she could move a paw step, the medicine cat had already reappeared, carrying a small bundle of herbs in his mouth. Plopping back on her silver furred haunches, the she-cat listened to his instruction. This will get it out of your belly. But it will make you feel sick for just a minute. Just for a minute? Well, if she felt better afterwards, the herbs would be worth it. Nodding to Shinefang, Purekit dipped her small head and lapped up the herbs obediently. Before the young kit had time to ponder the bitter taste, her stomach gave a ginormous heave and the contents of her belly were suddenly infront of her on the moss lying on her sandy floor of the den. Although the stuff was now out of her, Purekit didn't feel all that much better. "It still feels bad." She whispered, hoping the tom knew what to do. She hated these stomach pains, and wished they owuld go away forever.
Shinefang watched with a grimace as the kit got sick all over the moss. He was surprised to hear after the fit of vomiting that her stomach was still hurting. Normally if it was food-related, cats started to feel better as soon as the bad food was up. It could just be taking a minute, but the kit was obviously still in a lot of pain. "Uh..." Shinefang said stupidly, moving back to his herb store. What in Starclan's name is good for bellyache?! Did I honestly never see a cat get treated for it before? His roving orange eye fell on a yellow flower with lots of petals that looked a bit like a marigold. Tansy, he thought to himself, recognizing the plant. What was this for again? Not wanting to keep the kit waiting any longer, he snatched it off his shelf and bit a piece off of the large flower. He set the piece in front of the little shecat and pointed at it with his paw. "Let's give this a try," he suggested, trying to keep his voice friendly and confident in the hopes the little kit didn't realize he was just guessing.

(Tansy is for cough, so it shouldn't do much if anything.)

Last edited by Charmer; November 26th, 2017 at 09:03 PM.