View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2017, 10:25 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post

[ oops, my bad, I always get mute & deaf confused. thanks for correcting me, and thank you for playing it off so well! c= ]

Onyxpaw found Pearlpaw's actions rather adorable. He had observed the way she seemed to shrink into herself as if she wasn't particularly eager to be seen. However, it made Onyxpaw wonder if she'd rather be alone than with him, but he wasn't interested in leaving. After all, he'd walked all the way over here... When Pearlpaw smiled cutely at him, Onyxpaw felt a grin stretch across his muzzle. He couldn't explain what the grin was for - it was not out of pride or excitement, but it seemed to be a genuine reaction to Pearlpaw's own smile. Like dominoes. When one domino falls, the rest follow.

He chuckled softly and nodded when Pearlpaw questioned his own well-being. Onyxpaw followed her gaze to the camp entrance, tilting his head slightly to the side as he tried to determine what she was thinking. He wondered what others thought of them - of Pearlpaw and Onyxpaw - when the two were communicating. Their clanmates must think them insane! Onyxpaw could somewhat understand their take on the situation. Wouldn't it be quite odd to see two felines nodding and smiling, flicking their muzzles in random directions, laughing at nothing? He laughed quietly at the thought before focusing on whatever Pearlpaw was looking at.

He inched forward, glancing at Pearlpaw curiously. Onyxpaw's head was cocked, his eyes narrowed, and a distinct frown could be found on his face. These were all signs of confusion, and he maintained this expression as he continued to attempt to follow her gaze. His own gaze fell on the fresh-kill pile, as he assumed Pearlpaw had been looking that way. ``Are you hungry?`` he questioned, looking over to the she-cat. Onyxpaw knew he shouldn't of eaten his vole so fast!

Her icy hues moved from the camp entrance to Onyxpaw as he started to guess what it was she was thinking. She wasn't sure how to do this part, but the moment he mentioned food, her ears lit up with heat and her gaze averted. Why? Well because Pearlpaw wasn't aware of how hungry she actually was in that moment. Her stomach had released a grumbling noise that she wasn't sure who to respond to other than pure embarrassment. The white and grey she-cat gave him a sheepish smile without actually looking in his direction. Why in front of him! she scolded herself mentally, her tail wrapping up around her side to hide her stomach slightly.

She took a few breaths to calm herself, telling herself this was a normal thing. Every cat experienced hunger, just not so loudly! Pearlpaw finally mustered up the courage to look at her friend again before giving a small nod. However, she decided it was now or never to suggest a hunting patrol. So, just as she finished nodding, Pearlpaw got to her paws and started stalking around Onyxpaw, mimicking the hunting crouch. Her eyes pleaded him to understand before pausing after one circle around him and gesturing towards the camp entrance. Pearlpaw could eat out there once she caught her clan's share of prey.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL