View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2017, 04:20 PM
It's a double rainbow

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: WindClan Training Moor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
(Posting in the training moor sounds delightful!)

So Shiningfeather wasn't one to waste a single heartbeat Jaypaw thought, and the tiniest of smiles flickered onto his face. He was rather the same way, always holding his time as one of his most valuable assets. Those who wasted it, were not real close with the apprentice, nor did they understand the values the tom held. "That sounds perfect," he agreed, ready to just leap right back into the fray of his warrior training.

He wasn't one to dwell over the formalities of eating a proper meal before heading out to the territory, though a rumble or two erupted from his stomach as he exited the apprentices' den after Shininfeather. Jaypaw gritted his teeth together in an effort to stifle the slight hunger pains as he followed his mentor closely. "It'll make me train harder, with the goal of a nice rabbit, or perhaps a finch, as a reward at the end." The thought seemed to hold him over for now, and Jaypaw was able to relax just a bit.

The two passed by the regular camp activity, which mainly consisted of a couple warriors soaking up the last of the leaf-fall sunlight, elders talking amongst themselves near their den, and apprentices locked in playful scuffles. All for preparation for the battle with... ThunderClan, the dark furred tom thought, a solum expression crossing his face. He wasn't sure what he would do when the battle actually came. Everyone in WindClan knew of his Half-Clan heritage, and he was sure if anything that the recent nightmares he had been experiencing were in relation to the brewing tension between the two Clans. Nonetheless, Jaypaw shook his head and disappeared into the camp entrance behind his mentor.

Shiningfeather had been impressed at how fast Jaypaw had caught on on her intentions. She had always been one to hunt or train before eating, after all, hunger hightened one's senses.
She had ignored Jaypaw's stomach, her own not making any sounds, used by now to her schedule, and had continued to walk through the camp and out of it.

Once they reached their destination, she sighed as she stared at the seemingly endless moors around her, and let the cold wind of the ending leaf-fall go through her soft gray fur. She shivered a bit, but didn't mind the cold feeling.

The molly had always prefered being outside of camp, feeling the place was too crowded and noisy for her own taste. Here, she felt free and at peace, and she had to refrain herself from sprinting around like a kitten. After all, she had an apprentice's training to supervise.

She turned to Jaypaw and sat down once again, her tail curling up around her out of habit, inviting him to do the same with a flick of her tail and a pointed gaze.

"Alright Jaypaw." She started. "Today's first training session will be a little unconventional. As you may now ..." She looked at her apprentice to be able to read his expression at the words she was about to pronounce. "... WindClan and ThunderClan are not on the best of terms, and a battle will most likely happen in due time. I don't know what skills you've acquired with your previous mentor, or if you have achieved anything at all, so feel free to tell me about your current progress." She meowed, looking him in the eyes.

"Nevertheless, today we will focus primarly on basic battle skills." She paused, and decided on adding to that to make her intentions clearer to her new apprentice. " I'm not asking you to join the battle once the time comes for it to take place. But should something major happen, I want you to be ready. Got it ?"

(Hope you're alright with it ?)

Last edited by PeaFlower; November 28th, 2017 at 04:23 PM.