View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2017, 07:45 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
Oakpaw's mouth watered at the sight of the rodent. She looked up at the old tom and nodded at his words. It was true that her leg may heal, and that was the only bit of hope she had of becoming a warrior. Oakpaw blinked at his bit of information. Oakpaw hadn't taken his missing eye into account, but now that he mentioned it, she began to notice more and more. Snapping away from her thoughts, Oakpaw tried to lighten the mood. "Thank you," she purred. "Look on the bright side: at least you'll have someone to keep you company for a while." Oakpaw nibbled at her vole, but noticed he was struggling to reach some unkempt fur. Memories of caring for elders came flooding back. Despite the wreak of mousebile and the flea crushing, Oakpaw liked to talk to the elders. They were nice company and a lot of fun to be around, especially when they told stories. "Do you want me to get that for you? It's the least I can do in return for the vole," she asked.
"Look on the bright side?" Shinefang repeated, his tone incredulous. He shook his head. "Look on the bright side, she says, with her two good eyes. Some apprentices can be so insensitive," he looked away as he said it, so that the little shecat couldn't see his fiendish grin, but he couldn't keep that up for more than a second and turned to see the look oh her face. "Nah. That's ok," the tom declined, still to proud to let younger cats look after him like he was some elder. He may not be a warrior, but he'd always have the heart of one.