View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2017, 12:15 PM
It's a double rainbow

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: WindClan Training Moor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post

The wind buffeted Jaypaw's fur as the young tom followed his mentor over the set of winding hills. The sky was gray overhead, and the chill of leaf-bare was beginning to creep up upon the Clans. A shiver traveled down the gray furred apprentices' spine and he fluffed out what he could; though, having a shorter pelt there wasn't much he do to in aiding his body in warmth.

Once they reached the training moors, a setting Jaypaw had familiarized himself with on his first day of training, he sat back on his haunches as well, tail tip flicking back and forth beside him. He watched Shiningfeather as she spoke, nodding in each appropriate place. He hadn't completed much of anything with his former mentor, aside from basic offensive and defensive tactics, before dropping him like a vile piece of crowfood.

"I've learned some basic movies, but nothing to the point where it would be considered "training", I guess," the apprentice replied, giving a shrug of his shoulder. As she mentioned the ensuing battle that was stalking both Clans surely in the shadows, Jaypaw felt his muscles go tense. He knew that when the battle did come, he would have to make a choice: stick beside WindClan, the only home he really knew, or fight alongside ThunderClan, his place of birth. It seemed the nightmares were slowly tearing their way into reality now, and Jaypaw had to force the dark thoughts back into submission.

He met his mentor's gaze head on, making sure it didn't waver or falter. "Yes, I understand. I need to be able to defend myself and WindClan." Though his tone was firm and his gaze determined, he was still unsure of what decision he would make when the battle really did come. He hoped Shiningfeather might understand a bit, and just focus on teaching him the best battle moves possible.

The she-cat had watched her apprentice's reaction to her words. She chose not to comment on it. Despite his determined gaze and words, she still suspected her apprentice had some trouble finding where his loyalty stood.

She was confident, however, that even if as of now his heart still tied him to ThunderClan, that he'd one day cut the ties and come to see WindClan as his true and only home.
But for that to happen, she had to make him feel like he truly belonged, and make sure there was no reason for him to look back on his old life and old clan.

Her dislike for Jaypaw's previous mentor had grown when the apprentice mention the ... progress ... they had made. "Way to go and lose precious time ..." She muttered.
A particularly cold breeze went through her fur, and she was reminded of where she stood.

"Well, looks like we have some work to do then. Let's start from scratch. First step ... " She got up and stretched her limbs that had started to get numb with the cold. " ... defense."

With that last word, she pounced at her apprentice without warning, wondering what his reaction would be.

(Sorry this is so short (and kinda bad) :s, I don't have a lot of inspiration right now ...)