View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2017, 10:34 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubinaito View Post
Starpaw breathed in the sharp scent of the pine trees and the softer, flowery scent of the willows as she stepped out into the territory. While there still was a cloud of cat-scent blocking out most of the various smells that Starpaw loved, it was easier to pick out the scent of wild roses growing on the edge of the twolegplace that was far away, carried over by the wind. "Mmm..." She sighed, parting open her jaws just slightly. She flicked up her ears and glanced over to Caliapaw with a concerned look in her eyes. She studied the other apprentice briefly before sighing and lifting up her head to search the brush in front of her, a habit coming from hunting. "Feathery leaves in a spiral. Got it." She confirmed, nodding. The young apprentice stepped onto the hard-beaten path created by many cats using the same trails, the smooth surface beneath her paws cold and comforting. "And Chamomile looks like a daisy." She repeated, shuffling the information to the back of her mind while she looked around for the first plant that Caliapaw was looking for. She crouched down, considering something briefly as she slipped under a bush, weaving under the bushes. If the leaves were spiraling, then it was possible it grew in areas with less sunlight in order to catch as much light on its leaves. She smirked wryly to herself, slightly amused that she paid that much attention to plants rather than cats. She spotted the plant Caliapaw had wanted, creeping forward slowly under the branches of the bush. It was in a clump, with several different branches growing from the ground; she didn't need to take all of it, but she could get enough from the plant that hopefully Caliapaw would be happy. Starpaw bit down on the plant in certain areas, nipping at the base to get as much as she could. As she was biting down on the plant, her eyes caught a flash of red. Curious, she raised her head, her jaws clamped around the plants she had collected. Before her was a bush filled with brilliant red berries that sent a shiver down her spine. Deathberries. She crept out as quickly, not wanting to be near such a poisonous and deadly plant. "Her ya ar, Caliaaw." She spoke around the plant, her voice muffled.
Caliapaw was not in the best mood at the moment. Stress and worry mixed together had her emotions flashing back and forth between unstable to stable, and the worst part about it was that there was logic in her unstability. If it was just emotional drama, Caliapaw would push it aside without a second thought. She was good at doing that. But she had a reason to be stressed and worried, more then one in fact, and those reasons were Wheatfur and being the medicine cat. It was only a matter of time before the Clan decided to replace her, she was inexperienced - young - who wanted that? No, no. It's okay. I can do this. She was relieved when Starpaw returned... the black and white feline was keeping her mind off of her current situation. She desperately needed that, and gave the she cat a strained smile.

"Thanks, Starpaw. I appreciate it." Looking around at her surroundings, her eyes flashed a little with frustration. Now that it was later in the season, it would be harder to find new herbs. It was barely into the season, and already Caliapaw was longing for newleaf. A time when everything would be much easier... she would have more experience, and she might actually be able to save the lives of patients who needed her. "I don't think there's going to be anything else out here." She spoke her thoughts aloud, glancing at the area. While she knew she shouldn't neglect her duties, Caliapaw was pretty sure she could go ahead and forget them just for a little bit. Just be a regular cat again.

Wheatfur had seen something in her, and whatever that was, she wished she could see it too. Maybe then she would know what to do now. Because at the moment, the medicine cat honestly didn't know where she should go from here. It was one of the scariest things for her. She wished she could tell Starpaw everything, but her problems were her own. She should be the one to deal with them - not Starpaw. Not Doepaw. Not anyone else. And if only she knew how to fix this, she would.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.