Thread: Acting is Hard
View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2017, 10:09 PM
The Only Unicorn Member

My Mood: Sad
Default Acting is Hard

Anxiety levels are high. I’ve been barely able to function all day. I auditioned for my school play on Monday we are doing the Music Man and I really want to be Zaneeta Shinn or the Mayors oldest girl as some know her. She’s a quirky lovestruck teen who has a catchphrase and everything and honestly she’s perfect for me! However she’s a dancer and although I’m in a show choir and do more advanced dancing than most other musical theater people, there are many people also going for Zaneeta who are traditional dancers. The director has said Zaneeta doesn’t have to be amazing but definitely has to comfortable with movement with a partner which I am. I look more like a teen than most others and I’m also not too short which is good Bc the person who everyone is positive is playing Tommy Dijas is on the taller side.

I am confident in my ability to play her however I’m afraid the director has already seen me as a Pickalittle lady, because my acting is so... extra. Although Zaneeta needs to be extra too. The only thing that contradicts me being a pickalittle lady is the fact that I do not in any way look like an old maid. The director even said that herself.

Here’s my predicament. I NEED a callback. Zaneeta has a love interest in Tommy Dijas and the director will want to see their chemistry together. The callback list will be posted tomorrow morning (or in an hour on the drama club instagram probably not though...) and I am terrified. If I get a callback I will very excited, as the person who most likely will play Tommy is one of my best friends and we are able to flirt like no tomorrow especially without it being weird so I am hopeful I will get this callback. However I do not know. I just needed to vent real quick as my anxiety levels are through the roof and just wanted to get all my thoughts out before I go to sleep.

Thanks if you read this sorry it’s not relevant at all XD

I have recently added a schedule to my site. If inquiring about my availability please check there.