View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2017, 06:47 AM

My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
The ShadowClan tom noticed Willowfur shift, then relax. He wasn't normally this clumsy and awkward in conversation. It was obvious the each cat was just trying to please the other cat. Selfishly, both cats wanted their own piece of prey. Ashnose's beloved mouse and Willowfur's favored thrush. Being too considerate, both cats wanted to give up their meal out of thoughtfulness. Though he wouldn't say so out loud, Ashnose thought that the she-cat seemed quite like himself.

Giving in, Ashnose rose after the she-cat stood. "Thrush. The least flavorful of all the feathered animals." He teased, lightly bumping his shoulder into Willowfur's. "Let's see what's available and then we can go from there, since we're so indecisive. I'll go with you." He offered, not waiting a second to see if his companion would be relieved or not that she wasn't going alone. He padded past the lighter she-cat and towards the fresh-kill pile, still searching for that scent of a mouse. Ashnose kept this nose open for the scent of a thrush too. When he was just a tail-length away from the pile, his nose met scents of a few different kinds of prey. He noticed lizards scattered about and around the bigger prey. Some cat had even managed to catch a rabbit, which had most likely strayed across the WindClan border. Ignoring all the fresh and delicious scents, Ashnose began to nose through the other options.

(That's no problem at all, my friend c: I'm not usually uptight about how long responses take since I usually take forever myself )
Willowfur smiled as the tom teased her and lightly bumped into her. "Okay." She meowed, slightly relieved they had come to a partial decision. She wasn't fazed when the tom came to her, he probably wanted to choose his own anyway. She stopped a tail-length or two away from the pile, looking for specific prey. There were lots of small lizards, a few frogs, and even a fluffy rabbit close to her. The Abyssinian shifted and thought she spotted the familiar skinny tail of a mouse, but wasn't sure. She nudged the rabbit away, revealing some more prey. There were lots of birds and some other rodents revealed as the rabbit was moved.

"Ashnose!" She called softly, "I found some birds and rodents over here under that rabbit. Would you like to check for anything you'd want over here?" She stood up taller, looking towards the darker colored cat. She tilted her head slightly, ears perked up. I hope he heard me. I am half sure there was a mouse, and there are tons of birds too. Willowfur flicked her long tail slowly behind her, swishing it through the air.