View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2017, 11:31 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
As the medicine cat leaned against her and purred, Nightpaw purred right back. "I love you too," she said warmly. "You're my very best friend." She let herself linger there with Daydream, the two of them warm and safe for the moment in each other's company. Nightpaw would have never thought on the day she had stumbled into the woods bleeding and torn up that it would have turned out to be one of the luckiest days of her life. She had found a new home. She had met this wonderful cat who cared so much for others even though they acted grouchy sometimes. On that day, she was sure she was going to die. Instead, a new life had begun. "I've thought of what I want my warrior name to be," she said. "I'm going to ask Goldenstar if I can be called 'Luckynight.' When I've learned more and I'm closer, that is." It was the best name she could think of. It let her keep elements of the two names she'd had, and it captured what her first night in Shadowclan had turned out to be.
best friend. daydream hadnt had one of those since cricketpaw had been slaughtered. the term felt reserved almost, for her. they had been hesitant to bond close towards anyone else again after that. they had been so close. trained together. even under the same mentor, tied at the hip. gone. but daydream had grown since then obviously, the murder had been so long ago.it didnt mean it still didnt sting, but they were healing, slowly. and with that meant new friendships.

¨youre my bestfriend, too.¨

they had never felt words more true come out of their maw. hearing her ideas for her warrior name, they were slightly shocked. had it been that long ago, since nightpaw had merely been lucky, wounded and living off of daydreams herbs and command? it felt like it was yesterday. it was almost like a sibling, watching them grow up. ¨i think luckynight suits you more then simple nightpaw. a unique name for a unique cat.¨