View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2017, 10:11 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
Willowfur smiled as the tom teased her and lightly bumped into her. "Okay." She meowed, slightly relieved they had come to a partial decision. She wasn't fazed when the tom came to her, he probably wanted to choose his own anyway. She stopped a tail-length or two away from the pile, looking for specific prey. There were lots of small lizards, a few frogs, and even a fluffy rabbit close to her. The Abyssinian shifted and thought she spotted the familiar skinny tail of a mouse, but wasn't sure. She nudged the rabbit away, revealing some more prey. There were lots of birds and some other rodents revealed as the rabbit was moved.

"Ashnose!" She called softly, "I found some birds and rodents over here under that rabbit. Would you like to check for anything you'd want over here?" She stood up taller, looking towards the darker colored cat. She tilted her head slightly, ears perked up. I hope he heard me. I am half sure there was a mouse, and there are tons of birds too. Willowfur flicked her long tail slowly behind her, swishing it through the air.
Hearing his name, Ashnose's ears perked up and towards Willowfur. His amber eyes gazed eagerly in her direction, scanning the prey in front of her. The warrior had almost not heard her; he practically had his entire head enveloped in prey. He gave a short nod of his gray head, then impatiently trotted towards Willowfur. He felt the beginning of a growl stir in his stomach. Having his nose immersed in the sweet scents of ShadowClan's fresh-kill surely wasn't helping his hunger problem. The tom absentmindedly swiped his tongue across his muzzle hungrily.

Ashnose nosed through the area that Willowfur had stood in front of. She was right, of course. The tom immediately encountered too many feathered animals to count. Now I see why Willowfur called me over here. Ashnose caught a glimpse of a tail. He gently gripped it between his jaws and pulled. When it didn't budge, he yanked his head back. He'd overestimated the forced he'd need to obtained the meal he'd longed for. The tom took a few steps back, trying to regain his balance.

"Yuck!" He exclaimed, ejecting the tail from his hold. "A rat!" He stuck out his tongue and pretended to gag. Ashnose pushed the rat aside with his paw, scrunching up his nose. He wasn't sure how a rat found itself in the fresh-kill pile. He figured an apprentice had mistakenly caught a lone rat, confusing it for an enormous mouse. Either way, he'd moved it far enough from the fresh-kill pile so that it was obvious that it shouldn't have been there in the first place. Ashnose glanced at Willowfur. "Who'd have guessed that finding a mouse would be so hard?" He teased.

Something else had fallen out of the pile along with the rat. "It's your thrush!" The British Shorthair nearly gasped. He looked to the she-cat, his amber eyes sparkling. At least something worthwhile had come out of his struggle.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic