View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2017, 03:10 AM
:)

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
"I was much better at sneaking that time. Did you see?" Nightpaw asked her mentor, her enthusiasm hardly dampened. "I wanted to chase it, but I didn't." It was one of the first hunting lessons that the Shadowclan leader had given her and she had worked hard to put it into practice since her excitable nature tended to make her want to run rather than stalk. "But I forgot to watch where I put my paws," she admitted. The flood had made prey harder to find, and Nightpaw could hear the stress in the voices of he other cats as they talked about the upcoming leafbare and the hunger it would bring. Goldenstar was trying hard not to show his frustration, but she knew she couldn't keep making mistakes like that. "I'll remember it next time," she said with certainty.
Goldenstar nodded as he listened to Nightpaw. He was proud of the apprentince, smiling at her as she spoke. He listened to her continue to state what she did, and he nodded as she continued. The apprentince knew what had happened there, which made things easier for him to teach. Everything she was pointing out were things that he had noticed. “We can work on that,” He said when Nightpaw had finished talking. Sure, they needed food, but they couldn’t always be in hysterics about it. Then again, Golden was in silent hysterics about it. Blinking a few times to try and wipe away the water that had gathered in his eyes from the wind. “Do you want to practice on a stone or pinecone? To use it as fake prey or something?” The leader suggested, shrugging. Prey was going to be scarce, and he couldn’t exactly guarantee that they would catch something. You couldn’t always use real prey however, he guessed, waiting to hear what Nightpaw wanted to do.