View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2017, 09:14 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Apprentices' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Cherrypaw pursed her lips at narrowed her eyes at Foxpaw. "I see you aren't afraid to toot your own horn." She teased. Though the white cat felt playfulness pass between the two apprentices, she doubted the ginger tom was entirely joking. She suspected that he was the kind of tom that knew exactly who he was. Even if he didn't truly think of himself in that way, Cherrypaw did. In the short time that they've been talking, clever and handsome were two words that popped into her head as she talked to the older tom. He was charming too, she guessed. She certainly was warming up to him, despite being in a foul mood when he first entered the den. It seemed that Foxpaw was easy for Cherrypaw to talk to. But then again, Cherrypaw never stopped talking, so it was easy for her to talk to any cat.

As the tom sent another wink towards Cherrypaw, she felt her eyes shift away from him for a moment. She wasn't exactly sure what a wink meant. Especially when it came from a cat she'd hardly talked to before. The white-she cat didn't want either of them getting ideas in their heads that weren't quite close to what was happening in reality. Foxpaw is being friendly, she told herself. The apprentice turned her eyes back towards the tom, not wanting to show any signs of herself being unsure. After all, was there really anything for her to be unsure about?

Foxpaw had caught the younger cat off guard with his question. She'd never been asked anything like that before. Well, some of the other female apprentices were gossiping about toms in the den once and had asked Cherrypaw simply because she was there, but they hadn't actually cared. It wasn't like she had a legitimate answer anyways. Cherrypaw was young, so no toms had any interest in her. Similarly, she hadn't really thought about them that much either. Not in a way that she imagined a future with them. She'd definitely watched as toms strolled by and thought they were attractive, but she never thought anything more than that. "Uh, well-" She struggled to choke out. She was trying hard to avoid Foxpaw's eyes. "I don't think so." Cherrypaw's pelt was scorching hot. Every hair from her ears to the tip of her tail burned. The white she-cat gulped. "But I guess there are some cute toms in camp." The blue-eyed cat glanced at the tom nervously. Her companion seemed to like her so far, and she didn't want something like this to make her look uncool. "What about you?" Cherrypaw began to swipe her paw over her ear as if that would shake away the attention that was on her.
Cute toms, huh? The ginger tom took a minute to think about a good response to that. Honestly, he was already jealous that she'd think of someone besides him; but oh well, at some point he would be the first cat to come to mind. Still, the fact that she was a little nervous... or seemed to be... was enough for him. Perhaps he had come to mind after all. "Aww, how cute. Got anyone particular in mind that you're thinking of, Cherrypaw?" Foxpaw's voice was basically nothing but slick, silky-smooth, and undeniably flirtatious in that moment. Here was the thing - for most of his younger moons, he had been ridiculed for flirting. Now that he had a she cat who actually seemed more interested, he was going to push that as far as he could. And as hard as he could. He would push it and push it until it seemed that trying was pointless. At her question, Foxpaw had to think a little harder.

Any she cats he was interested in, or thought they were cute, huh? That was a tough question to answer. There were a lot of cute she cats around camp, and Foxpaw had flirted with numerous ones. But, at the same time, he didn't want to go too far into that, just in case he would lose the she cat's interest. And that was the last thing he wanted; a flirt always wanted to keep their target's attention. Surely Cherrypaw wasn't that easily annoyed though, right? "Oh, I keep my options open, I suppose. There are some great she cats, but - I have to say - most have nothing on you." The tom purred, his tail twitching lightly. So far, Cherrypaw had swallowed everything he had said, and that made him pretty thrilled. He was glad to have someone who seemed to actually like him. Like, really like him. How incredible was that?! "So no need to be jealous, love." The tom purred, almost getting up in an attempt to further impress the white feline.

She was definitely pretty, and she had a nice personality... that was a good thing about pretty she cats, not all of them were all stuck up. Though she did seem like a princess to him. She had the attitude to be one, and the beauty to be one. Not to mention the poise to be a princess as well, which impressed Foxpaw quite a bit. He didn't see very many truly regal looking she cats around. Good thing Cherrypaw hadn't walked away yet, maybe she thought he was attractive? If that were true, Foxpaw would be praising StarClan for at last giving him one she cat who thought his flirting amounted to something. A lot of she cats didn't. They thought he was weird. Cherrypaw might have laughed at him earlier, but now she seemed a little more flustered and Foxpaw was taking that as progress.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.