View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2017, 06:25 PM
oh dear

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Death was a funny thing; it crept up when you least expected it. And while Moonpaw's death certainly wasn't funny, it was definitely weird. He hadn't been expecting the cheerful, beautiful feline to die so soon. How was it that a cat like that had so many problems? When they had met, Moonpaw had known him as a friend of Tawnypaw's, and that was how he had known her. First strangers, then friends, and if Aspenpaw would dare to admit it to himself, he had almost been crushing on the feline. Not that it mattered now - it definitely didn't matter anymore. She would never know and neither would Tawnypaw, now that she was gone. His two closest friends, and both of them had disappeared forever. Well, as far as he knew, they had. "That's right." There was a certain dullness to his voice, despite him having come over to try and get some company.

He knew Featherpaw spent time with Surgestorm... perhaps she could shed some light on what exactly had happened? Except, Aspenpaw didn't want to bring up the subject. He swallowed hard as he thought of Moonpaw bleeding, in pain, the cheerful expression gone from her face, and then eventually leaving to go to StarClan. He thought of how sad Tawnypaw must have been in that moment - well, he remembered comforting her, so he sort of knew. But he would never know the exact extent of her grief. It was impossible to know the exact extent, after all. She must have run away after that, and Aspenpaw would never know where she went. He would never know exactly what had happened to her after that, but he did know that if she returned, he would be happier then ever to see her. Aspenpaw really wished he could see Tawnypaw now. "How are you doing? Well, I hope?" He mewed politely in an attempt to make small talk.

That was all he needed right now. He wasn't in the mood for playing around - especially since that was the type of conversations that he used to have with Moonpaw. He remembered them quite clearly. He was going to miss those conversations, but perhaps there would be a time in the future when he could have that again (wow, he was thinking like he'd REALLY had a BIG crush on her) but for now he was satisfied to wait.
Featherpaw could see in the tom’s gaze that he wanted to ask about Moonpaw. He wasn’t the only one; she’d heard the question many times from a multitude of cats. Each time, Featherpaw responded honestly and told them as much as she knew, which of course was never enough. She’d say, “All I know is that she was injured terribly and that Surgestorm did all that he could to save her, like anyone would. Moonpaw was simply too far injured to survive; why she did not make it I cannot say.” And end the conversation right then and there. Featherpaw hadn’t ever been an extremely conversational cat, though she did in fact prefer to talk to cats older than she, like warriors or Elders. She could learn more from them than a cat her age who’d had the same experiences. The white shecat shifted a bit, shaking out her fluffy white pelt. Her startling blue gaze fell back to Aspenpaw, her face kind. “Honestly? I’ve been better.” She replied with a shiver. “And what about you?” Featherpaw asked out of curiosity.

Unlike some cats, Featherpaw did not have a tragic backstory. She had a kind family, a kind mother, a kind father, and kind siblings. The only reason why the She-cat seldom spoke to her parents was because she simply was never close with them. They had nothing in common besides being related by blood. Featherpaw held no resentment whatsoever towards her parents, she merely was so different from them that they hardly knew what to speak of when they were around her. She’d always been a resourceful kit, so Featherpaw was fine without the aid of parental guidance. Her siblings were the same as her parents, being that she had very little in common with them. They didn’t get along fantastically but they rarely argued severely. She and her litter mates got into minor disagreements occasionally, like all siblings, but nothing very major. So that was why Featherpaw was often seen away from her family members.
the shade,
always comes at the worst times

character site: wip
art: my da