Thread: Thunderglade
View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2017, 09:28 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: ThunderClan | WindClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubinaito View Post
Rosethorn didn't even have time to blink as the ThunderClan female lunged towards her with her claws outstretched and ready to strike. As to be expected with her limited exposure to fighting and only the training of a hunter, Rosethorn didn't react quickly enough to dodge the blow and thus Cormorantstone's attack succeeded, the claws barely missing her eye as they raked down her face. The molly let out a short gasp of shock and reared back a second too late. The damage was done, and she was already bleeding. Rosethorn felt slightly dizzy, her vision blurred at the edges tinged red with anger. The feline bit down gently on her tongue to try and snap herself out of the daze she was in. Time seemed to slow down as she analyzed the situation. I'm much smaller than her... Probably a little quicker too, albeit weaker. If I can at least show that I'm capable of holding my ground, I might survive. Rosethorn grimaced. Oh, who am I kidding? I'm not even able to fight properly. Blazingstar will hate me if I play dirty like the Syndicate taught me to... She focused her blue pools on the molly in front of her, frowning thoughtfully. Perhaps if I can get her angry enough, I can get the upper paw. Of course, Rosethorn wasn't sure how that would be able to help but she was at least willing to try. The molly was bigger and stronger, and Rosethorn was smaller and quicker; she'd have to use her wits to bring down her opponent, otherwise, she was likely to lose this battle and possibly her life.

Rosethorn took up a defensive stance, raising her head up high and smiling crookedly at the ThunderClan warrior. From how Cormorantstone was acting, she could guess that insults were more likely to get to her than actual attacks (which contributed to her current plan). The feline smiled smugly and chuckled softly under her breath, doing her best to make herself seem as villainous as possible. "How brutish and disgraceful to attack a much smaller cat. Of course, I wouldn't expect anything else from a dirty, tree-climbing, mouse-brained ThunderClanner." She taunted, her stomach twisting with self-disgust all the while. I can't believe I'm letting myself do this. It's no better than them, after all. She raised a paw to her chest, smirking up at the larger molly, trying her best to look malicious. "You all are quite idiotic, I'd say. Your brash actions are simply what I'd expect from any ThunderClan cat incapable of conversation." Rosethorn took that very opportunity to launch towards the opposing feline, her claws outstretched and her paws aimed right for her left shoulder, praying to StarClan that her words had been enough to take her opponent off guard long enough to land a blow on Cormorantstone.
A wave of deep satisfaction rippled through the molly as she felt her strike hit true to her aim, her paw slamming into Rosethorn's head and claws raking just shy of the eye and across her face. The gasp of shock only further egged on the large grey tabby, her yellow eyes alight with the excitement and joy of attacking a Windclan cat. Her sight was already tinged red with anger, but that didn't mean that she wasn't happy. That was the strange thing about Cormorantstone. She liked being angry, it made her feel powerful, more powerful than usual because of the adrenaline and energy pumping through her veins.
The Thunderclan she-cat almost took the time to lick that sweet Windclan blood off of her claws, and even though she wasn't the smartest in the clan, she knew she didn't have time for that. She was battling a cat, not training with some apprentice and even though she held no respect for Windclan or really any other clan for that matter, she knew that they would very likely take that opportunity to attack her. So instead, she drew her paw back to herself and began to reset, preparing another attack as Rosethorn recovered from the hard blow she had received. And she seemed to recover fast, setting up a defensive stance and even... Wait.. Was she... Smiling?

The tip of her tail quivered in anger and her teeth gritted inside of her mouth as she glared down the other molly. And what the other cat was doing, was working like a charm. Cormorantstone had paused, just glaring at the Windclan cat, a look of pure rage fixated on her face as she listened to that chuckle, took in that smile and heard what the she-cat said. "Your size shouldn't matter when it comes to battle, but then again you Windclanner's wouldn't have the brain to know that. And you don't have the skill to utilize it either. It serves you right to have your head buried in the dirt to suffocate!
Because that's the equivalent of what all of you are, dirt! Crow food!
" She yowled out with all the rage of a thousand cats, her muscles tensed and ready to strike out, ready to tackle this smug molly to the ground but the smaller cat beat her to it. She was already launching at Cormorantstone, catching the large she-cat off guard and landing a solid hit on her left shoulder, causing her to hiss out in both pain and rage and lash out with her right paw while at the same time recoiling away, this one not aimed as well as the other but would still be able to do enough damage as the first if landed.

@Beau | @Constellation | @Roledolf | @Panic! (at the Disco) | @NightWarrior4Life | @Spiraling Snow

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?