View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2018, 03:03 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

@Lonestar23

Feeling a rather small, soft bundle of fur stumble into her foreleg, Emberwing blinked and turned her head, her pale green gaze focusing on the arrival of Brightkit. Near them a tiny ball of moss sat, battered and starting to fall apart, and it wasn't long until the warrior realized that this kit must've been locked into a pretty intense game of chase. A purr rumbled in her belly, and the ginger feline turned to that she was facing more towards the tiny calico kitten. She wasn't one to get angry easily - unless someone threatened her Clan - so she smiled down fondly at Brightkit.

"Why hello there Brightkit!" she purred, using one of her free paws to smooth down some of the fur that had fluffed itself up on Brightkit's head. "My name is Emberwing. It's nice to meet you." She studied the younger kit and noticed quickly how her eye was glazed over. Poor thing, she thought with a sting of sympathy. Brightkit appeared to be nearing her six moons, and for a moment Emberwing wondered how her warrior training would go. With the battle coming up, would she be left in the dust while all the other apprentices with two working eyes were trained? She surely hoped that wouldn't be the case; with Brightkit's spirit, Emberwing was sure she would make an excellent ThunderClan warrior.

Turning her attention back to the present, Emberwing glanced at the moss ball, using her tail to bat it back over to them. "I see you've caught your first prey!" she mewed, amusement lighting up her gaze as she looked from the ball of moss to Brightkit. "Have you no one to play with?" Surely the young she-kit had friends in the nursery? It wasn't too often that kits stumbled out into the clearing for their games - after all, if Emberwing were still small enough she'd much rather be in the warm serenity of the den rather than trudging through the cold leaf-bare snow in search of scraps of prey in a desolate forest.