View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2016, 07:54 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: SkyClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
Despite living a fast-paced, energetic life, there has never been a time that he hadn't paid attention to the emotion on another cat's face because, over the years, he's come to realize that some cats, that's all they could talk with, their emotions, their body language, some cats just weren't good at verbally speaking. When he was younger, he hadn't understood that and well, sometimes he forced cats into situations to speak when they didn't necessarily want to speak. He's learned from that mistake, he's learned to read how others are feeling, or as much as the emotions on their face allowed him to see. And so he didn't miss the quizzical look that had passed along Rabbitfluff's head as he approached. And he could guess why.

His head dipped slightly at the other warrior's returned greeting, taking a mental note of the hesitance and questioning tone that was very obviously present in the toms response. Grouseflurry knew that the smaller warrior in front of him wasn't exactly the most.. Popular in the clan and could understand the sort of doubtfulness that the tom might feel for his desire to conversate with him, though made no outward appearance that he noticed.

Finally allowing the trapped purr to escape his throat, it almost seemed to explode as Rabbitfluff made a somewhat awkward move to make room to suggest that the tabby could indeed join him in the feasting though that term is used lightly. Picking up his mouse, the deputy would eagerly settle down right next to the other tom, tucking his tail neatly to his side and holding his prey in his outstretched forepaws, head swiveled and focused in Rabbitfluff's direction, his signature warm and happy grin spreading his lips and showing his glinting white teeth. "Well I don't know about others, I can't really speak for them, but I can speak for me and say that I do enjoy your company! It's a shame that I haven't gotten to spend more time with you, it's been what? Nearly a moon! Maybe even longer!" There was an air of exasperation in his tone because truly, Grouseflurry was surprised it had been so long since the two of them last had a conversation and really, he didn't like that one bit. He tried to speak to every warrior he could as often as he could, get a census on how everyone was doing, that, and he just enjoyed talking with clanmates, they were like his family after all.

Ears swiveling slightly as the other cat spoke up, he carefully got to work on plucking the fur from the mouse he had chosen though his vibrant green eyes remained focused on Rabbitfluff. Modestly he chuckled and shook his head, "I'm just as skilled as any warrior here Rabbitfluff, truly I'm nothing special." Though he couldn't help but laugh at the last comment, rolling his shoulders in a form of a shrug, looking back at his meal. "I wouldn't say that other cats flock to me, if anything I'd say that I might drive them away with my optimism! But no, no, I have to hunt the prey like any other cat, though it'd certainly be nice if they just fell into our paws hm?" Eyes glimmering with that incessant happiness, he glanced over at his eating companion before taking a modest bite out of his meal.
Blinking at Grouseflurry as he settled into his spot, Rabbitfluff returned his joyous expression with a bit of a blank one, not opposed to conversing with him but finding it odd when he was a loner. Partially by choice, since he figured he could hold back the stinging comments from time to time. As a socialite and a cat that everybody appeared to know and love, Grouseflurry was much different than he in terms of personality, and, while Rabbitfluff didn't mind his company, he didn't quite understand why he would bother. The purr that he emitted was startling. Well, not terribly. Grouseflurry always found a reason to smile or be cheerful, an admirable trait, though not something he happened to possess as well. With Lemonstar's unexplained disappearance looming over them, that could be what the Clan needed to ensure their spirits were kept high.

In a better mood than usual, his ears were tilted forward in earnest interest, but that didn't erase the innate hesitance he felt toward the other tom. "You don't have to speak for them," Rabbitfluff said, flicking his puff-like tail dismissively. "I don't happen to walk around with my eyes closed, and they make their opinions perfectly clear, I assure you." And it wasn't a bad thing, for he was bothered very little by their attitudes, believing he deserved whatever animosity was directed his way. More often than not, the feeling was mutual.

Unsure how to react, Rabbitfluff offered an appreciative half-smile upon learning Grouseflurry enjoyed his presence, still hoping he wasn't doing this out of pity or some less-than-noble motivation. "I suppose, but that should hardly rank on your priorities," a huff, "considering you're the deputy." To a leader who was seemingly gone without any warning. "I might add, it's shocking that I even cross your thoughts."

The modest chuckle and subsequent response prompted him to raise his eyebrows, a touch perplexed by that and tempted to ask if he was oblivious or ridiculously dull. He had a notion it was the former, as Grouseflurry gave off an air of intelligence, and he held his tongue. "That's one perspective," he pointed out nonchalantly, aware there was an abundance of warriors with varying skills in certain tasks, but maybe Grouseflurry was implying their strengths and weaknesses tended to even out.

Blue gaze meeting Grouseflurry's green, Rabbitfluff contemplated that and lightly shrugged his shoulders, "Do you? By StarClan, that's a surprise-- I was under the impression you were a pessimist." The younger tom was speaking sarcastically and with feigned shock, but not hurtfully; there was no bite to the words.