View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2018, 01:14 PM
all that i’ll ever need

Default Re: ShadowClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
Something must had been up with Dovecoo because when Honeythistle looked up at her from laying down, she was staring into the distance. Honeythistle gave her a weary glance, rolling onto his stomach as he was ready to address Dovecoo. She returned to reality quickly, stepping into the nest to lay beside him. Honeythistle let out a faint purr. He kneaded his paws in the nest, trying to stretch them the farthest they would go. Dovecoo started to groom his fur, so it was natural that he would return the favor. His tongue made diligent work, grooming the scruff of her neck and back. When she paused in her grooming, Honeythistle continued to give lazy, soothing licks until her voice floated in his ears. It made him pull away to look at her because he did not understand what she meant. “When, what?” He repeated, his expression contorting into something questionable. The words that followed after, Honeythistle mind clouded into an understanding as he glanced over to two of his daughters who were a bit distanced from them, but their figure was made out easily by the silver tom. Honeythistle’s met her gaze, breathing calmly. “Well, uh, it’s someday for sure. I can’t give you a specific frame, Dove.” Honeythistle didn’t know the fact that after watching Papayakit, it became more of a milestone in Dovecoo’s life. It was no doubt that Honeythistle dearly adored kits. Specifically, his own. The tom really didn’t care for kits that weren’t his, which was why he didn’t have any adopted kits or associated himself with another queen’s kits, a queen that was not his own. What made her ask such a question anyway? Honeythistle didn’t think a sweet, gulliable feline like Dovecoo would ever think of having her own. Honeythistle just saw it as a moment that would appear at her life, but he supposed that every she cat in life had thought about the idea of having kits one day. Maybe, he was just overthinking it, and Dovecoo took his praise literal. For all he knew, she probably was dreading the idea, believing that ‘someday’ was tomorrow, or the next day, or the next...”What’s going on in that pretty head of yours, Dove?” Honeythistle whispered next to her before returning back to her grooming. He started at her shoulders this time.
Dovecoo and Honeythistle started sharing tongues, Dovecoo beginning at his shoulder and moving systematically down his shoulder and back. The molly felt him cease his own grooming after she spoke and was already planning on elaborating before she heard his question. Her diamond eyes were focused on him as he turned his grass green ones onto her and replied that he didn't know when. Dovecoo didn't know what Honeythistle was thinking. She didn't know if he wanted kits now or later. He did have two different litter of current kits at the moment, but none of them were hers. Sure, she could watch over them occasionally when the other queens were busy, but she wanted something to do all the time. Honeythistle's question reached her ears and Dovecoo realized that she had zoned out again. She refocused her eyes on his and mewed, "I was just wondering...how soon...Did you want kits. I know that you have Papayakit and Magnoliakit to worry about right now and the other litter. But, I djust want to watch the other kits when their real mothers are busy. Papayakit called me her mother today, but I'm not really her mother." Dovecoo blinked at Honeythistle, wondering if he understood. He had never had that problem. There may have been five she-cats having kits and caring for each other's litters, but they were all his.