View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2018, 08:54 PM
questionmark

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindancer View Post
Night watched the other tom speak, recognizing the misty look in his eyes being reflective of his own feelings. He didn't think many other cats really yearned to be alone, at least, he didn't know any. Nighthawk found himself smiling, however smally, at Stagflight. A smile was a rare thing from the stoic cat--not that his clanmate knew it. He began to gather his thoughts again, shifting slightly and curling his long tail around his paws neatly.

"Dusk does have a certain...magic...doesn't it?" He replied quietly. Not that Nighthawk really believed in magic--he hadn't since he was a kit. But there was something about the way the sun melted into the horizon, the way that it's dying light sifted through the trees that was perfectly captivating. It's colors, too, a little different with each sunset. Not like I could say any of that out loud. He mused. The other tom would think his head was full of flowers. But, Night was getting ahead of himself. Before he could gather himself to speak again, words came tumbling from his mouth. "If you ever want to go for a walk at dusk, I'd be happy to accompany you." What am I saying?! Nighthawk thought frantically, his eyes widening with surprise at himself. His bright blue eyes focused hard on his paws, feeling his pelt prickle and burn with embarrassment.

"...s-sorry...forget I said anything.." Why would any cat want to go for a walk with him? Let alone one who he'd just met?

(I'm sorry for vanishing! I took an overnight trip w/o my laptop)

Stag smiled at him, the sunlight warming up his pelt. It felt quite nice, both resting here talking with Nighthawk, and the warmth of the sun. It was so cold out lately, half the time, he felt like he was freezing his whiskers off. He noticed the other tom's smile, and however small it was, he felt proud that he'd managed to make him smile. Stagflight wasn't exactly sure why Nighthawk was smiling, but it didn't matter. As long as he seemed happy, that made Stagflight happy. A deep purr fumbled from his chest as he gazed at the other tom happily, waiting for him to speak.

He nodded when the other tom spoke, having to strain his ears just a bit in order to hear him. “Aye, that it does. You can see both day and night, blending so perfectly. On the clear nights, you can sometimes see the stars and the sun at the same time,” he said enthusiastically, remembering one of those few times where he'd seen it. It wasn't often, but oh- it sure was incredible when it happened. He realized that to Nighthawk had begun to speak again, and he pricked his ears, listening with interest. His eyes widened slightly, and he opened his mouth to respond, but he was speechless for a moment. Shocked that Nighthawk and offered that. He was happy about it as well, and was just about to accent when the other male spoke again.

“Oh, don't be ridiculous!” Stagflight exclaimed, his eyes widening. “I would love to go on a walk at dusk with you. Why would you think otherwise?” he responded, his voice dropping when he realized that he'd been a little too loud. He wasn't exactly a quiet tom, and often spoke louder than he meant to.

[I'm so sorry about how late this is </3]