View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2018, 02:45 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: WindClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero to Hero View Post

Surgestorm had been pacing his den, his yellow eyes locked on the line of herbs he had set out in preparation. When the battle had neared it's end, he had headed back early to wait for those who needed healing to come to him. He was antsy, his claws out and digging groves into the ground with every paw-step. The medicine cat smelled the warriors returning before he even caught sight of them, their arrival bringing the metallic scent of blood with them. He froze for a second when he caught sight of his first patient, covered with blood and bleeding profusely. He had some painful flashbacks of previous patients in similar positions. The tom slapped himself mentally after a half a second, not allowing himself to mourn before he even tried to save. There's a chance! He leapt into action, scooping up a pawful of cobwebs and pressing them into the wounds that were bleeding heaviest, applying pressure to as many as he could at once. Yellow eyes stared hard into Thrushflight's own. "I can tell you're a stubborn one, so you're gonna have to be stubborn some more and hang on for me, okay?" His voice was calm, but hidden deep within was a tiny bit of desperation. The blood soaked through the cobwebs despite his efforts, but it didn't stop him from piling more on in an attempt to slow and maybe stop it.

Pressure was starting to be applied to the calico tom. It was like an anchor to the ground. Surgestorm was the only feline between him and the place of no stars, but Thrushflight didn't intend on staying here. Instead, he attempted to move, maybe misplace the cobwebs, but to no prevail. The larger medicine cat was too much weight for the small warrior to move. Thrushflight moaned in pain as a response. He opened his mouth a little to test his voice, however he coughed up a few more drops of blood instead. A few moments passed like this. Blood seeping through cobwebs, his breaths shallowing, the pressure on his wounds feeling heavier. Once again, he tried his voice, this time it worked. "I- it's not worth your pitiful herbs..." he coughed a bit, but it didn't phase his thinking. "...to save me," he go the statement out. His one good pale blue eye lifted to meet yellow ones, a small glint of satisfaction in them. "I di- did this," he spoke softly again. He couldn't muster a loud voice so Surgestorm might have to strain to hear it.