View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2018, 12:27 AM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
"Goat weed is grown natrually brown, so it may look dead at first, but its not. it also has shiny leave..like this here-" they padded over to one side of the den, scuffling a few herbs out of the way, pointing at it, "this is goatweed." they explained. but they turned their head when shinefang spoke about acornpaw. they sighed. "If you want me to be honest, and you always know i will be," they mewed, tone softer. as strict and blunt as they could be theyd never be cruel about death, "poppy seeds are like a..depressant. they slow down the body and nervous system, like how it feels when youre asleep. its why we give them to cats to help them sleep, and it helps with axneiyt aswell. but i wouldnt give it to a patient with a serious injury like that because since the bodies slowing down, its not working fast enough to keep the heart rate going, the blood pumping, and so on. its also why we dont give them to kits, their body is too small the handle any does and will kill or put them into a dangerous coma. two poppy seeds are good for injuries to feel no pain, three or four to be able to sleep, but no more than five. thatll kill someone."
Shinefang didn't reply at first. His fears had been confirmed. That night, he'd given Acornpaw two poppy seeds. Just two to help ease his mind and let him rest. It had worked... he'd never worry about a thing again. A cold sickness roiled deep within Shinefang's soul. As a warrior, he'd killed before. If that was the only way to defend himself, he'd do it. But he'd never killed a cat that wasn't trying to kill him, and certainly never one who had come to him for help... until now. What had he been thinking stepping in to take on this role? Did he really think a senior warrior could be a medicine cat? He was an old tom tossing herbs at cats with only minor knowledge of how maybe half of them might work. And now he knew, not only could this get a cat killed, it had. And it had gotten another apprentices tail amputated unnecessarily, and based on what he was learning about poppy seed dosages now, very nearly killed. Horror dug its claws into his belly. But Shinefang had spent moons and moons hiding his feelings from cats. He wasn't about to show any of this now. Instead, he looked at the goatweed Daydream had pulled onto the den floor and simply said. "I see... that's good to know then." The old tom reached for his herbs again nudging them about like he was sorting them, giving himself a moment to collect himself before he said anything more.