View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2018, 11:55 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummyluc View Post
beetleskip wanted to be able to say something back, but the sultry purr in the tom's southern voice made beetleskip clamp his mouth shut. he couldn't help it. when faced with something he didn't understand, he often clammed up and pushed it away just like everything else. he forced his eyes to his paws that were twisting in the dirt now, fidgeting out of nervous habit. he shut his eyes and took a breath, trying to think of something to say, which was again strange to him. he knocked the thoughts away and thought of something simple to say, which turned out to be a challenge as well. risingcreek was just a tom, another warrior, another member of the clan. he could mean nothing more to him than that. it shouldn't be hard to talk to him, but a meaningful compliment was something that beetleskip had never heard in his life. he took a breath.

"... no, it's just..." he looked for the word for a moment before casting his gaze off to the side, "strange. different. i've never heard such a compliment before regarding my word usage or tone. or my thoughts. it took me by surprise, that's all." that was probably the most words beetleskip had spoken at one time. to both himself and another person. strange. that seemed to be a common theme running between their conversation for beetleskip.
"Im surprised," he commented. this cat really didnt talk a lot to other cats, huh? well, he meant it though. for some reason that only made him want to compliment him more, purely for the fact that he didnt receive those compliments. he didnt know why he got the strong urge to, but he did. "well its true, i think youre a smart fella." he seemed unique. from the simple things he noticed was that he seemed more reserved than most, taking in each word risingcreek was saying with care and returning them. more closed off, more shy, by rising liked that about him. so many cats were loud or talkative, when he himself enjoyed the subtleness of convenient and comfortable silence, or casual chatter. he didnt know why he liked talking to him so much, he seemed rather off and nervous, yet more comfortable than risingcreek had ever seen him compared to patrols. but he understood that, he knew what he was somewhat like. it was easy to overwhelm him, its why he always tried to speak in a softer tone and constantly remind the other patrol member to keep it down when they were together, because somehow not everyone was as considerate as him. a shame. because looking here, he liked this side of beetleskip much better. the shy, but flustered, and more talkative side. maybe he just liked beetleskip in general. he couldnt tell.