View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2018, 08:21 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
"Every medicine cat loses some patients. every clan loses some lives." they mewed, trying desperately to reassure him. they werent good with these types of things, but they would try. they would try for him. "You didnt know and there was nothing you could have done. there was no cat here to correct you, and sometimes it really pisses me off to know that ebonymist just left without a word to help you. but its okay because now i can teach you for the better." they spoke, amber gaze not leaving his once so ever. they themselves hadnt lost many pateints, many because they were a very fast learner despite not really having a permanent mentor. they didnt want shinefang to feel guilty or alone. "For now, Im going to teach you more complicated herb dosages and remedies for times when im not here, since you know the basics. is there anything youd like to know first?"
"That would be helpful," Shinefang replied, his tone steady. He turned away from his herbs to meet the younger cat's eyes. It was odd now to have said what he said outloud. To have the cat in front of him know that about the the fault he bore in Acornpaw's death. The silence hung between them. He knew the medicine cat meant well, but the old tom knew he'd carry that death with him until the end of his days. Won't be too long, I guess, he thought to himself smiling grimly at his own dark humor. His amber eye darted toward the resting Stingpaw. "The other apprentice there came in with a broken leg. I had to reset it and wrap it. It would be nice if you could have a look at what I've done before we move on. Just to make any adjustments for the next time it happens." He got up and padded over, pointing at the sleeping shecat. "I gave her some willow bark and thyme when she first got in to calm her nerves and ease the pain while still keeping her lucid. Then I gave her a stick to bite down on while I felt the break with my paws and set the bone.
Her father helped me get the sticks in place while I wrapped it with the web. My brother Yellowfoot broken his front leg falling out of tree once. So I got to see Stormflight, the medicine cat at the time, work on him. Though it has been a while." he admitted, lifting his paw to invite Daydream to look over his work.