View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2018, 09:13 AM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

Lemonspotted didn’t expect for Mothpaw to suddenly become so snappy. It made the toyger tense up for a moment because she didn’t like it when others denied her demands. However, she simply flicked her ears, rolled over onto her stomach and eyed the Molly with a burning intense look into her depths. Not to forget the fact that Mothpaw mentioned that she was her son’s best friend. The problem was; she didn’t know which son the calico spoke of. In the former queen’s opinion, all her sons took the intelligence of their father, which made them dumber than they look. Cavestorm, Curly, and Lynxpaw were all idiotic, troublesome toms. Even if Lynxpaw inherited her aesthetics, she fully believed that even her last son was as dumb as a fox. “Did I ask who Best friend you were?” Lemonspotted blinked, tilting her head innocently as she forced a smile towards her...apprentice. “What I asked — what I told you to do had nothing to do with my son. Frankly, I don’t care if you were my son’s mate.” Lemonspotted’s voice was leveled. She wasn’t yelling or angry. Though her tone displayed such annoyance at the disobedience this apprentice was giving her. When Mothpaw said she wouldn’t do it, Lemonspotted rolled her eyes. She crossed her paws and laid her head down in a divine manner. “Someone has to do it and it won’t be me. I forgot, who’s the mentor and who’s the apprentice?” She questioned, once again innocent, but a hidden fire placed in her eyes. If Mothpaw wanted to challenge her; wrong move. “If you’re not going to bury it, then eat it. I don’t want it next to me anymore. Apparantly, first lessons for you is learning to obey what you are told to do.”

Lynxpaw couldn’t make out the conversation that was held between his mother and Mothpaw. Lynxpaw had been stuck in the dilemma whether he wanted to disturb his friends’ lessons with their mentors or go about and flirt with a couple she cat apprentices that were lounging with each other from a distance. His eyes lingered on their pretty pelts. Blacks, Browns, and whites mingled together to create an artwork like no other. They could tell that he was looking, and that he liked what he saw. Maybe, they were giving him a sign to come over and hang out with them. Nothing wrong with having a pretty kitty at your side. Lynxpaw had roughly began grooming his pelt to look presentable. He went for that more rough-rugged look that he knew she cats fawned over. Lynxpaw was ready to put the charms on the sweethearts but the one thing he regretted doing was giving a quick glance towards Mothpaw, where he caught her eyes for a few quick seconds - another dilemma. The poor calico looked like she wanted him to come over. Lynxpaw was about to whine. She was ruining his flirting game! Lynxpaw narrowed his eyes. He continued to look from the pretty group of she cats back to Mothpaw. Finally, he sighed, rolling his eyes as he stomped towards his sorry-excuse-of-a-Mother and best friend. To think he chose to save her and lost his chance at wooing the beauties. The tom confidently approached his best friend, using the tip of his tail to wrap around Mothpaw’s shoulders and he leaned in to whisper into her ear, “You owe me big time.” Lynxpaw faintly purred before turning to his mother with a wide smile. The said she cat gave him a dismissed growl. “Is she bothering you, mother? I’m sorry about that. I’ll take her away and deal with her. You continue to rest.” Lynxpaw said, every word dripping easily from his muzzle; all lies. He saw that Lemonspotted was troubled by the unburied shrew so Lynxpaw took the half eaten shrew into his maw and mumbled something to Mothpaw. But, he knew that she wouldn’t understand him, so as he brushed past her, he used his tail to motion her to follow him away from Lemonspotted’s zone.
Once he felt he was a far distance from his ever-so-loving-Mother, Lynxpaw spat the shrew out and mindlessly began to dig a small hole into the ground. He didn’t bother to look up at Mothpaw. “You know darn well Mothy that you shouldn’t approach my mother. She doesn’t like anyone! I know she’s your mentor and all, but you seriously need to get that change. You’d never be a warrior.” After finishing up the hole, he dropped the shrew into it and covered the hole with dirt on top.

Disrespect? Lemonspotted probably didn't even know what disrespect was. She was supposed to be teaching her apprentice not being bossy and rude. She needed Blazingstar to change her mentor, but how was she supposed to do that. It was a kits dream to become leader, but how was she supposed to do that if she didn't even know how to be a good warrior. She was nine moons and hadn't even been shown around the territory! It was Lemonspotted who could use some lessons on respect, not Mothpaw. The young calico molly respected most warriors. The toyger molly would be the first she ever felt hate towards, though she couldn't help feeling some disdain towards her leader for making her such a terrible cats apprentice. She opened her mouth to say something, but luckily for her Lynxpaw showed up. She flicked her ear dismissively. Whatever she owed him didn't really matter to her, she only cared he was doing something instead of waiting there for absolutely nothing to happen. She padded after him, growling under her breath as she thought of the terrible excuse for a mentor. Mothpaw plopped down next to her best friend. "I couldn't help it!" She protested, "I haven't even been shown the territory, I'm nine moons and I don't know anything you and all the other apprentices do! I'm less experienced than the beginners!" Mothpaw took a deep breath to calm herself, Lynxpaw was not like his mother and she could talk normally without frustration around him, she always had. "Your mentor is who you always wanted to be your mentor, mine probably didn't even know I existed before today!" She growled in frustration, she wasn't used to cats who were as rude as her own mentor. None of the apprentices she didn't like were annoying, they just got on her bad side because Lynxpaw flirted with them. Lemonspotted was just a jerk. She had never dreamed that she would hate her mentor, mentors and apprentices were supposed to have a strong bond, almost like a second parent, but Lemonspotted was far from that. She wasn't even close to feeling like Mothpaw's aunt! Instead she seemed to be a enemy.