View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2018, 06:00 PM
all that i’ll ever need

Default Re: ShadowClan Training Ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

The dangers of battle never worried Dandelionpaw. If there was a battle, all she needed to do was stick to the wildflowers patch and stay hidden. Personally, only the largest cats should had been sent to battle. Small cats like her, conserved to be feather weight, should be spared to hide, so they could live. Dandelionpaw never been in a battle. With the recent Thunderclan and Windclan battle with Shadowclan aiding Windclan, she stayed behind, which had been luck because Goldenstar didn’t want any apprentices trailing into battle. After she proceeded with the said battle move, Dandelionpaw was quite out of breath. Yet, she felt a sudden joy of pleasure erupt through her being from the tip of her ears to the tip of her tail. “Really? Wow!” She bounced. “I was pretty sure I would have to do that move over, haha. But did you see that! I was totally high in the air and pounced on that cat’s back like a professional!” She exclaimed, a little too giddy. It was no time for play, and since she had done good, it was time to move on to the next phase. Dandelionpaw couldn’t let that moment bypass though because it made her happy to receive praise. So, whenever she received a good report, then she boasted around like the happy-go-lucky Molly she was. Dandelionpaw’s eyes glittered with happiness and mild anxiousness upon Halfgaze’s next words. Dandelionpaw’s expression became a thoughtful one where she usually squinted her eyes and her small pink nose would wiggle like that of a bunny’s. “Smaller cat? If it’s about my size, wouldn’t I be able to just clash with it?” She questioned. Then shook her head quickly. “Wait! I think I’ll be able to unbalance the cat?” She asked, again.
Halfgaze raised a ‘brow’ at Dandelionpaw’s antics, tapping her foot quietly against the ground as she waited for her apprentice to calm down. Some celebration was acceptable, but Halfgaze wasn’t one for goofing off after succeeding. She believed that success should be followed by celebration and more practice. However, she let Dandelionpaw have her moment. The deputy waited and watched as Dandelionpaw returned to the lesson and worked through her question. “Both answers are correct. However, fighting straight on is more likely to get you injured. Some prefer to fight that way, others prefer to unbalance and strike. Training is the time when you figure out your preferred method. Now, I’m not exactly your height but I’m not too much taller than you. Fight me as you would another warrior using one of those two tactics, then we will spar again using the second.” Halfgaze squared up and assumed a battle crouch, one that makes her practically immovable. She gave Dandelionpaw a nod to begin and put on an unreadable battle face.