View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2018, 11:39 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by julean View Post
@mompaws @Charmer

bee's paws planted firmly on the ground in front of him, his back shaping into a firm arch as he lifted what he could of his lame body into a very vain stretch. he nuzzled the adoptive mother of his, coming to rest beneath her and shoving his teensy nose into her underbelly. his milky eyes glanced to shinefang intently for a response before closing and continuing to push up to pipitchirp's thin stomach. he wanted warmth; he wanted food; he wanted love. his whole body convulsed as he felt his stomach churn.. he had been laying silently by that rock out in the wild for several days without food or water. he was starved and severely dehydrated but managed to stay happy- however, that need for food was coming too much to stand.
@mompaws

Shinefang reappeared with herbs in his mouth. He placed them all on the ground, and placed a paw on the borage, sweet-smelling an fussy leaves. "Here you are, Pipitchirp. The queen who eats these will be able to make more and better milk. It'll help him start gaining weight."

He turned to the little kit next. "You've been through a hard time, huh little buddy?" He meowed softly. "We're gonna get you fixed up, ok? First I'm gonna do something for your eyes." Shinefang used his paw to pull a wilted, yellow flower toward himself. "This is celandine. It'll help your eye feel better. I'll squeeze some juice from the flower into your eye, and its gonna feel kind of funny, but it'll help. Tilt your head up for me, ok?" Shinefang took the yellow flower in his teeth, and began working the herb sideways through his teeth to try and push the juice to one part of the flower. There were days when Shinefang was glad he was the only medicine cat. When his own eye had been injured, the medicine cat at the time had used celandine, and so he had some idea of how it worked, but it was the only experience he could draw from, and frankly, he hadn't been able to see it very well at the time. A small amount of bitter juice touched his tongue and he spat, reflexively, wasting the flower. Straightening up, he cleared his throat and grabbed a second. "This is why I bring extra." This time, he tried flattening out the flower with his paws and picking it up when he was ready to puncture the petals. That worked much better. "Don't blink, he told the kit, hoping he'd be able to manage."

Last edited by Charmer; February 15th, 2018 at 11:39 PM.