View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2018, 02:08 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Mud, Blood, and a Flash Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
"Smells like Thunderclan is around," Nightpaw said softly to the medicine cat. It wasn't as if this were shocking news. They were headed toward the Gathering. Of course other clans were out and about. But she wanted to fill the silence between them, to give Daydream something else to think about if they wanted. She thought about mentioning Juniperpaw or Shinefang in the hopes that Daydream might be excited to see them, but every mental path she took led back to Geckoleaf somehow. Juniperpaw had been Geckoleaf's apprentice and a cat of Riverclan, so that was bound to make them think again. What else was there? Herbs? That was a medicine cat topic too, and one that Nightpaw could hardly keep up with anyway. All roads led back to Geckoleaf somehow. She said something else instead. "I'll be a warrior soon. I passed my assessment a couple days ago... but I'm waiting for Snowpaw to feel better first." Nightpaw didn't expect a response. Only to show that she was there. "It's all thanks to you," she added. It was true. She wouldn't be here if it weren't for Daydream. She wouldn't be alive at all.
daydreams ears perked at the mention of being a warrior. had they really been missing that much? that they forgot to even ask nightpaw how her life had been going for once? her training? her well being? they had been so caught up in their own selfishness they couldnt see their best friend right infront of them. "Atleast i did something right." the thought made them feel slightly better, even if they didnt show it on the outside. they had nightpaw. and right now, that had to be enough, they had no choice. they took a glance towards her. she had grown so much, basically bigger than daydream at this point. she was going to be a warrior, a true member of this clan. they could remember when she was a scared kittypet who had been attacked by dogs on the brink of death. and now she was here, living through battles and training. daydream was so proud of her. "Im proud of you." they mewed softly, looking up at her this time. that was the most theyve spoken for days it seemed. but they were, they were proud of their nightpaw.