View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2018, 03:51 PM
Ruining dreams since 2004

My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: Mud, Blood, and a Flash Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radler View Post
A growl rumbled in Mistwing's throat as she skidded under and past Nightshadow, satisfied this blow had reached it's mark, albeit rather clumsily. Mistwing rose to her paws once again, mud now staining her silky silver fur, and her icy eyes ablaze with something new. Though the battle was going well, she couldn't help but feel her opponent was toying with her, like there was something she was holding back. "You spend too much time talking, scum. Your words won't distract me from defeating you." In the darkness that now enveloped them, Mistwing heard only the dull roar of warring cats around her, and could smell only blood, mud, and the river shore. In her moment of distraction, Nightshadow knocked her legs out from under her, and while normally Mistwing would be able to dodge such an attack, the slippery earth beneath her paws and the dull ache resounding through her body from her clumsy landings made Nightshadow's blow all the more effective. Mistwing hissed in anger as her front legs skidded out under her, her hind legs threatening to give out too.
Nightshadow smirked as she saw that her attack had succeded. She tried to pretend that it was no surprise, but she was worried about how her strength would hold up with the mud and slippery rain. She nodded as heard the other cat's words, Mmhm, Hon. Not gonna cry, huh? Surprising. You know, I might go easy on you if you cry." She rolled her eyes and felt the unstable ground beneath her paws. This was a horrible time to be fighting, and she guessed there would be tremendous losses on both sides. And I won't be one of them, she reassured herself. Steadying herself, she stood square in front of Mistwing. Nightshadow was scared that they would lose cats to the weather and ShadowClan wouldn't win, but Nightshadow had to have faith in her clan that they would win. Attacks running through her head, she thought quickly about the validity of each one. She then decided that if she knocked the other cat down and gave her a few good swipes the ThunderClan cat would run away, or at least beg for mercy. Thinking about this, she suddenly she leaped straight ahead with her paws out in front of her.