View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2018, 02:42 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: WindClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical View Post

Weaselshade cocked his head to the side in surprise. Fawnfern seemed upset, she didn't have any reason to did she? The tom sat there in confusion for a while until it dawned upon him that she probably didn't like her name. He would give it to her that the name did not suit her, and maybe Thea did better [even though he didn't see how] but was she really that depressed about a name? A warrior name was a great thing, cats would accept her because of her new name. Hadn't she always wanted to be accepted by the cats in WindClan? A new name was a chance for that. So why would she be sad about that. It didn't make sense. The large tom looked at her in confusion. "Fawn, what's wrong?" He asked, barely noticing the fact that he had called her by a nickname. The only thing he was really noticing was that she was depressed and he didn't understand why. When Weaselshade was depressed it was because he hadn't caught a large piece of prey, or he couldn't find one of his friends. Something very predictable and easy. What did Fawnfern have to be depressed about? If one of the kits was missing she'd be freaking out not all sullen like that. If anything had happened to one of the kits she would be freaking out. So it couldn't be that. She was such a complicated cat that Weaselshade couldn't think of anything she had to be depressed about.
Fawnfern flicked her ears, not bothering to glance back at Weaselshade as he addressed her. The tom would think she was being dramatic - but he couldn’t understand. He would not understand. For so long, she had a simple name. A singular one without the weird combination of the clan cats. When she first stumbled onto Windclan territory, she was deeply confused by all these names. She begged to keep her name because it was less complicated. She was a cat named Thea. Besides, the name was special to her because she was given it while living with an elderly twoleg many moons ago. Before that, she was a simple serial code number. Now the name was something she treasured in her heart because it was always who she was. Weaselshade asked her what was wrong, but the she cat had no indication that he was talking to her; still not used to her new name. So, she wondered who this ‘Fawn’ was that he spoke of until her ears dropped back doencupon realizing that, oh, right. It’s me. Fawnfern’s tail curled around her small frame, curling inwardly. Whenever had he cared what was wrong with me? She thought hostilely. Her gaze finally turned to the tom wanting to drown him in blame for making her take away the one thing that determined who she was; her name. His voice, held with genuine care and concern cause her to turn quickly away and stare at her kits once more. “There’s nothing wrong with me.” She stated, hastily. Then added, “What makes you think there’s something wrong with me?” She questioned. More like accused the tom of questioning her state of conscious. Fawnfern May had a new name, but that personality was not a changing process. She could not strip herself of a new personality. She changed her name for one reason, but she wouldn’t change who she was for another. The creamy feline let out a puff of air, once again turning back towards the tom. She just wanted to know his reason. As to why he wanted her to change it. Changing her name didn’t annilihate the fact of her origins. She was still a kittypet, and no matter what she changed about herself to become a clan cat; this lifestyle wasn’t ideal for her but it was what she settled for. The train of thought of realizing that Weaselshade must never had liked her name caused her to be greatly upset...for some odd reason. Usually, she didn’t care what he thought or did, but nowadays it was like somersaults in her stomach - and, she didn’t know why. Albeit, the feeling was a fleeting thing. “Did you not like my name?” She asked, quietly. Then stared down at her paws to avoid whatever look Weaselshade would throw at her. It was already humiliating enough.