View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2018, 10:47 AM
so nasty

Default Re: WindClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgefur View Post
At first Snailflower smiled warmly and nodded back, Nimblewhisker was quite possibly her best friend, but she paused for a moment; Gorsebird hadn't said that right, had she? The name Sweetwhisker hadn't touched her little ears in quite a few seasons, the she-cat had nearly forgotten it. Maybe it was a slip of the tongue? As Gorsebird continued though, she found herself realizing the queen didn't tend to use her kit's new name or his pronouns. Her tail gave an awkward shuffle and she opened her muzzle to ask why but stopped when she brought up her condition.

"Gorsebird that's awful, I'm sorry... does Surgestorm have you stuck in your nest?" Her yellow eyes glanced down at Gorsebird's lightly rounded stomach. One thing the warrior looked forward to in life was starting a family, but the thought of having a harsh pregnancy, or even losing the kits, hadn't really crossed her mind. "Stormgaze is your mate, isn't he? Has he or Nimblewhisker come to see you yet?"
Gorsebird gave a quick nod, not wanting to linger on the subject of her condition any longer. "Yes, Stormglare is indeed my mate. But, you might not know that because he hasn't bothered to visit me yet or if he did I was sleeping when it happened." She said sniffing softly, wishing that the dumb tom-cat would just come in the nursery and at least lay by her for a couple minutes. Her mood then only continued to deteriorate when she realized the she-cat had mentioned Sweetwhisker.

"You expect her to visit me!? We haven't talked in moons! For all, I know she could be expecting kittens herself! Well actually if that turned out to be the case I wouldn't be surprised I mean she has been looking awful pudgy and--in leaf-bare no less! But, of course, I digress." Gorsebird ranted her pelt starting lightly bristle.

@Midgefur

Last edited by Tavvi; February 24th, 2018 at 01:50 PM.