View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2018, 02:04 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue jellie View Post
Gaining a slight pick of annoyance at Vixenpaw's response, and the fact that she was going to follow her, Flashpaw sat at the small grassland. I'm so sorry. I know I say that every time, but I'm sorry. After only a moment of staring at Branchpaw's grave, the other apprentice quite bluntly asked if she had "done it". This infuriated Flashpaw practically to the brink of tears. Whipping around to face the she-cat, she barked, "You honestly think I would brutally murder my best friend to the point where the body was barely identifiable? That I would assassinate my only friend in this world?" A single tear streamed out of one eye and dropped on the grave below her feet. She turned around, her breathing raggedy and short, as though she had just run across the world with congestion without stopping. "Just leave me alone," she croaked finally, laying down and burying her head between her paws.
A bit surprised by Flashpaw's outburst, Vixenpaw watched in silence with her head cocked curiously as the shecat sank to the ground. Silently, she looked at the spot where the apprentice had been buried. Vixenpaw could not remember a time she ever spoke to Branchpaw. She couldn't say what their voice sounded like, or what their favorite prey had been. She couldn't really say that about any of the other apprentices. Vixenpaw had practically made it her mission to avoid forming friendships with any clanmate. What was the point? Her father had abandoned her in Shadowclan, and he was the one cat who was supposed to love her. Why would a cat she wasn't even kin to care? But something deep within gave a twinging ache as she saw Flashpaw cover her face. It wasn't sadness exactly, but it occurred to her that if she were to die tomorrow, no one would cry for her the way Flashpaw was crying for Branchpaw. At last she quietly said, "Sorry. Just, no one seems to know what happened is all."

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; March 5th, 2018 at 10:54 PM.