View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2018, 07:37 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Default Re: Mud, Blood, and a Flash Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radler View Post
As soon as Emberpaw made contact with Snowpaw's back, she dug her claws into his white pelt, deep enough to make blood well up in stark contrast against his fur. She was taken aback when Snowpaw rolled onto his back, but did not loose her hold, determined to cling to him no matter what he tried. But before she could do any substantial damage, she felt the crushing weight of the Thunderclan apprentice on top of her and let out a panicked yowl. For a few heartbeats, Emberpaw struggled for breath, rendered almost immobile by Snowpaw. After a few heaving seconds, she snapped her jaw shut around the only thing she could reach, the middle of Snowpaw's thrashing tail. She did whatever she could to get the white apprentice off of her, flexing her claws embedded in his back. Nothing seemed like it would be enough to make Snowpaw release his upper hand, when suddenly a bolt of lighting lit up the sky with a defeaning crack, thunder rumbling behind it.

Leopardpaw felt a buzz of frustration as Ashnose dodged her initial attack, but also felt excited he was doing at least something to counter her advances. She barely paid attention to his words, Starclan the last thing on her mind. As she skidded to a halt she whipped around and teased, "I won't tell Starclan if you won't." She was uncharacteristically furious on her mentors behalf, and this had been her first oppurtunity in battle, and this was not a fight she could run away from. This time, she darted towards Ashnose with more certainty, her paws now familiar with the slippery earth. As she surged towards him, mimicking her earlier attack, at the last second she side-stepped her original target and dropped her body low the ground, snapping at Ashnose's hindleg, her teeth less than a mouse-length away from his leg as she rapidly closed the distance.
"Smart mouthed furball." Ashnose hissed under his breath, hardly caring if Leopardpaw heard him. ThunderClan cats were so stubborn, but this she-cat was one of the most stubborn cats the ShadowClan tom had ever met. He dug his claws into the ground, feeling a sense of frustration and helplessness consume him. StarClan, stop this! He sent his silent prayer into the sky above.

I take back that part about Leopardpaw being smart, Ashnose thought to himself as the apprentice used the same approach as she did last time. He wondered what ThunderClan was teaching their apprentices for a heartbeat. Using the same move was not a good tactic, especially when the gray tom had avoided the attack so easily. He should have expected Leopardpaw to drop down, however. Of course she wasn't so stupid. It had been too late. The she-cat's teeth had already punctured the ShadowClan warrior's leg, sending a shock of pain up his leg and spine. Ashnose clenched his jaw, suppressing his yelp of pain. He didn't want to give Leopardpaw that satisfaction of hearing his cry of pain. Trying his hardest to kick the apprentice away from him, Ashnose turned around and began to snap his teeth at her. He didn't want to actually harm her, not yet at least. His goal for now was to keep space between them and potentially stall until this fight was broken up. I'll respect the truce.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic