View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2018, 11:46 AM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
”Ah, I see.” Stonegazer contemplated saying something encouraging like “someone’s bound to return those feelings someday” or “there’s someone for everyone,” but ultimately decided against it - it would feel too strange coming out of his mouth. He shuddered at the mere thought of either of those things coming from anyone’s maw, as a matter of fact - how could someone stand to say something like that? Upon the smaller tom’s next question, Stonegazer cocked his head to the side and thought for a while. Going back to camp was, of course, the more traditional option - it was expected after an evening out, wasn’t it? And the more logical one as well, since there was safety in the shelter of camp - not to mention if they were to be attacked, Stonegazer would want to be right there in the thick of it, despite Caliapaw’s suggestion that he should stay off of his injured limb. However… staying out here did seem nice. He had to think about that for longer, since it wasn’t something he could make up his mind about right away. Torn between something new, perhaps comfortable, and something old but familiar, Stonegazer was trapped for a moment. ”I think… we should head back to camp. It’s the smartest thing to do. We could be needed there, after all.” He could only hope that Powdernose wouldn’t be too disappointed. Perhaps another day they would be able to spend an evening away. Right now, it just seemed like too much for the tom - he rarely spent this much time with another cat, doing nothing, and it would certainly push him to a limit.

powdernose fought away the surge of sadness he felt. "yeah, i guess so." he chuckled and stood up, tossing the makeshift nest around the clearing. they didn't need anyone questioning them, of course. ears perked, powdernose silently sat down and looked to the sky. one of these days... he shook his head dismissively. don't get your hopes up. powdernose snorted to himself, his tail lashing. closing his eyes, he forced himself to lock up the emotions that clawed at him. his eyes dulled, yet he paid no mind to the sudden change of character. don't be a child, powdernose.

nudging stonegazer with his tail, the siamese tom remained silent as he began to trot away from the clearing. as he walked, powdernose kept his head high, eyes straight ahead. then he turned. after a bit of time, he came to a stop at the hollowed tunnel once more. "you go ahead back to camp. i'll stay here." without discussion, powdernose pulled away the covering and slipped into the tunnel, curling up inside of it.

don't be a coward, powdernose. don't be a child, powdernose. don't be a freak, powdernose.

you'll never do anything right, powdernose.

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥