View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2018, 07:41 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaSlice View Post
"Heh." He smiled, "I co\aught it, but it slapped me.." He flicked his tailk to a small scratch on his cheek. "You will enjoy it a lot more if you were having fun!" He purred.
Pink. Pink. Each thorn was coming out rather smoothly, and it didn't appear to be phasing Duskclaw at all. Heatherfur began to wonder if this wasn't the warriors first tussle with a thorn bush. Perhaps he'd been here before to see Juniperpaw for the same issue? The thought made her stiffen a bit. She hoped that she was doing good in comparison to the former medicine cat, and was thankful that if he had been a past patient, Duskclaw wasn't bringing it up. "It's definitely different, as I've been a warrior my entire life," she mused around the thorn clamped between her teeth, turning her head and spitting it out into the pile of other thorns.

After another pass over, Heatherfur reached up to pluck the last of the thorns nudged in behind Duskclaw's ear. "Apologies if that hurt a bit," she mewed, spitting the bundle of thorns out onto the pile. She glanced up and studied the small scratch on his cheek, gingerly brushing the tip of her forepaw against it. "Doesn't appear infected," she mewed, "But I remember something about..." the medicine cat trailed off as she went back to the herb storage, scanning her inventory. What soothes wounds? It was a leaf, wasn't it? she thought to herself, a panic starting to settle in. What if she couldn't find it. Just as she opened her jaws to speak, her eyes fell onto a rather small, practically dried up oak leaf. Must've been left over from last leaf-fall, and saved after the flood, Heatherfur thought as she grabbed it and began to chew. The taste wasn't that pleasant, but soon she had a bit of a poultice to work it.

"Okay, this should help with any lingering pain, I believe," Heatherfur mewed after she had coated her paws in the juice, gently dotting some on the rather larger abscesses created in the skin by the thorns. With the left over, she placed some gingerly on Duskclaw's cheek, careful to not press too hard. "And that should help with any stinging with the cheek." After her work was done Heatherfur stepped back to take a look, examinging him. Her first patient. She hoped she'd remembered the oak leaf's use correctly, and that it wouldn't cause any reaction, though she was pretty sure she had.

Last edited by Mauve; April 15th, 2018 at 07:42 PM.