View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2016, 06:45 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: SkyClan Skyrock

The innocent expression of gratitude wasn't lost on Rabbitfluff, and there was a flutter of hope stirring within him, not just in Grousestar's leadership skills but in how this marked a new beginning for the Clan. For once, his compliments were genuine and had a severe lack of sarcasm attached, something even he wasn't accustomed to. "Of course," he murmured softly, ears tilting back in earnest as he peered at Grousestar. Realizing he had fallen silent for a second or two too long, Rabbitfluff felt himself flush and amended it with a quick, "I wouldn't say it if I didn't believe it to be true." Thoughts shaken from the change in leadership as Grousestar mentioned getting sleep, he shrugged his shoulders and replied a touch huffily, "If it is, I don't suppose I could hear it above the other warriors' snoring."

Retrieving a meal was equally as undesirable as it had been hours ago, but his luck, he would wake up in the middle of the night to his stomach growling. Appearing indignant, he opened his mouth to protest but quieted again at the implication of more than a simple, friendly request. "My demand for squirrel remains," Rabbitfluff remarked playfully while adopting a haughty tone, recalling the conversation they'd had earlier but assuming it still wouldn't amount to anything.

"Need you?" Rabbitfluff rolled his eyes, visibly teasing. "Why, I'd never." However, he was understanding to the reality that they were both exhausted after the journey and plus, Grousestar likely had a busy day ahead of him tomorrow. Something distantly affectionate flickered on his features, and he meowed, "Good night, Grousestar."