View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2018, 09:54 AM
Writer/artist

My Mood: Hungry
Default Re: ~Kill the Queen~ {A wings of fire story}

Chapter 3

Hammerhead

There were two types of dragons that made up the Seawing Royal Guard. Sailors who's ships were currently in another kingdom, and young males who had been forced into the position against their will. Hammerhead, however, belonged to neither of these groups. He had been a member of the royal guard since the reign of Queen Abyss, and had been promoted to Captain a moon before her death.

Every night at the guard house, the young males would surround him and smoke cigars as they pestered him about his missing eye and his dead wife. Queen Mosasaur never listened to Hammerhead's complaints, and sometimes it got to the point where he considered ending it all himself as his wife had done 5 years before.

This particular night was rather quiet, as visiting Sandwing soldiers were staying at the guard house. The Soldiers were rather aggressive and didn't want to hear Seawing sea shanties. All was silent, until a palace messenger came running into the inn screaming "Wake up wake up! A scream has been heard and the queen has requested her first responders to investigate!". The messenger carried a high-pitched bell that he rang outside of the guard's rooms.

Before the messenger could get to all the rooms, Hammerhead and the guards were heading to the palace. They had access to the servant tunnels, but the younger guards were reckless and knocked down the smaller passageways. By the time they reached the princess's hallway, the guards were arguing, but they went silent when they saw Princess Seagull's door open and they went silent. Hammerhead approached the door and looked inside...

There was Clam, Hammerhead's daughter, standing over the gory corpse of Seagull and holding a bloody knife.

----------

"Please, your majesty.. Let my daughter go.. She did nothing wrong.." Hammerhead was standing before Queen Mosasaur herself, who was dressed in black in preparation for her own daughter's funeral.

"Pathetic Abyss supporters and their lies.. Your daughter obviously killed mine. Look at the evidence. Who knows, maybe you were involved?" the guards next to her, two of Hammerhead's best friends, raised their spears at him. "Clam's execution is scheduled a moon from now."

"B-but i-" he decided to stop before he was imprisoned as well. He could only have one visit to her, and he decided to do it today.

----------

Hammerhead received aggressive glances from dragons as he walked to the Seawing capital's prison. It was very large and housed many dangerous prisoners. He had to go through a lot of security to get to his only remaining family member.

Clam was in an empty room with chains binding her wrists and ankles together. A black collar was tightly around her neck, enchanted to shock her when she did anything suspicious. The only thing separating her from her father was a window of thick glass.

"I... Never thought I'd see you like this..." He put his left talon up to the glass.

"I never expected me to end up like this either... But you have to listen to me, I didn't kill the princess.." Clam replied, receiving a small shock that she seemed to ignore.

"I believe you." everything was silent for a moment until Clam started shuffling over to the glass, receiving a series of small shocks.

"I love you dad." Clam reached the glass and received a slightly bigger shock. Once again, she seemed to be ignoring them. "Just one request.."

Clam suddenly slammed her fists onto the glass, receiving a medium shock. She repeatedly pounded on the glass as hard as she could screaming "GET ME OUT OF HERE! GET ME OUT OF HERE! I'LL DIE IN HERE!". Sparks flew like wild as she was sent several hard shocks. Hammerhead stumbled back in horror before she put a crack in the glass and he witnessed a scene so horrifying it would haunt him for the rest of his days.

Suddenly, Clam stood on her hind legs and spread out her wings. Her glowing stripes turned on and glowed as bright as they could and her eyes turned white. Electricity shot out of her collar and seared the scales around it, exposing flesh.

Clam then collapsed, the exposed flesh burnt and her stripes flickering off. Smoke escaped from the collar, showing that she was shocked so badly that the shocker on it burst. Guards then came rushing in and dragged Hammerhead away, not letting him see what they did to his daughter next.