View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2018, 12:00 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Binks View Post

aaha she's so cute))
chivewhisker floundered for a second in surprise as a new cat came slipping his way. he blinked, followed by a childish grin, probably due to dawnpaw's own, flicking his head back to where the water lapped by the rocky edge. this stranger was so friendly, chivewhisker thought, he might as well bewilder her with his fun.
"i'm doing, uh," his head leaned forward, green eyes concentrating on the water as though it were unpredictable. his paws slowly reached out. "putting my paws in the water.. but not letting it catch me!" he meowed as he yanked back his paws just when they touched the river. chivewhisker was so immersed in teasing the water again that he made no small talk whatsoever.
Curiosity spiked in Dawnpaw's gaze as she watched Chivewhisker dip his paws into the stream. It seemed a bit odd to the younger she-cat, but perhaps it was a game that all warriors played? "I want to play! Can I play with you?" she asked, excitement sparking each word that left her mouth. She kneaded her paws against the soft blades of grass. She glanced back at the swirling river below them, rushing over tiny pebbles below the surface. A part of her wanted to jump right in and splash around, but she hadn't quite learned how to swim yet, and Wolfdancer would be upset if she tried it without her. Even worse, Colby would scold her for getting her fluffy pelt all wet. Plus, she was an apprentice now. She wasn't able to do such kit-like things anymore. Was she? "It looks like a lot of fun!"

@doug.

A sudden pang of grief struck the dark tabby, and surprised Mud. It had come out of nowhere it seemed. His brother's son had been carried away by nature... That would've made this kit Mud's nephew. I can't miss a cat I never met, he thought to himself, trying to push the thought of it to the back of his mind. "I'm sorry to hear about that, Tash- Firehawk," he answered, as flashes of losing their mother swirled about in his mind.

But at least Mud had been right about one thing. Just the thought of it was enough to send shrills of curiosity spiraling down to his paws, washing away the momentary sadness. His tailed curled up behind him, and he grinned in Firehawks direction. "Ah, so I was right!" he boasted out loud, his entire expression lighting up. "What's her name? Do you guys have any little rascals together? I bet you do," he purred, prancing forward a bit, his grin widening as he made his way closer to his brother.

"When do I get to meet this lovely lady of yours?" he asked, tipping his head to one side as he watched Firehawk through glittering green eyes. He wanted to be able to see this new mate with his own two eyes, and the cat who had made his brother go from free-range loner to homebody, able to confine himself and follow a set of rules laid out by a Clan. "Have you told her about the rest of your family?"