View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2018, 05:16 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Fishie View Post

Heh, Shinefang teaching Ringpaw battle moves. This Trial is about to get rather... interesting. :3)

Ringpaw’s mouth hung open, then closed. It was true, if you thought about it. “I guess I just need to think through what is happening by nature.” She meowed. Perhaps he was right. It would take much more effort, and to be honest, the leaves were a good enough parsed to hold the juice than she could come up with.
“Snapbranch couldn’t tell a mouse from a beetle, even if you explained it to him.” She meowed, smiling. Even Shinefang admitted it! Her mentor was about as fluffbrained as a robin.
She continued on with her stem, crunching at the base of the leaves, nipping off the tangy branches, and sweeping them aside. It almost had a rhythm to it; find, bite, separate, move, dry. Repeat.
She reached out once more to grab ahold of another stem, except this time it got stuck on one claw. Her eyes narrowing, she flicked her paw up and down rapidly, trying to fling the dark green plant from her paw. It fell off and landed in front of her with a silent noise, and she bent down to begin working when Shinefang spoke.
When Shinefang gave her that direction, she immediately dropped the stem on the floor and swept it aside as she stood up.
“Where are we going? Are we looking for herbs?” She asked excitedly, her green eyes widening as she followed the large tom towards the exit to the den. Of course, she didn’t think through what he had said, and completely rushed in the fill the atmosphere with her chatter.
“I bet it’s fun looking for herbs. It’s much more fun with Snapbranch. He gets angry with me over nothing. You already know that.” She said in a flowing rush as she stepped outside. After being in the medicine den for awhile, the bright sunlight that radiated outside flashed in her orbs for a second, and the white light soon adjusted so camp came into view.
There were more felines roaming around than before, and she quickly scanned the crowd to make sure her mentor didn’t see her ‘messing around’ with Shinefang.
Herbs were important! Obviously, or else Medicine cats wouldn’t choose to make that their life. She looked eagerly back up to Shinefang, her ears forward and erect.

(Where to now?)
As they made their way out of the clearing and toward the training plateau, the young shecat continued to prattle on. She jabbers like a bird at dawn, he thought to himself, grunting in reply as they walked without really listening to what she was saying. It wasn't long before they reached the plateau and the old tom looked up at the flat stretch of stone above him. He sighed, realizing he hadn't had to climb the rock face for at least a pawful of greenleafs. Nevertheless, the old warrior unsheathed his claws and began to heave himself up the rockface. "Keep up!" he half shouted, half grunted as he climbed. The wind whipped through his yellow pelt as he made his way up in bursts, resting to catch his breath every few moments. It felt like a moon, but soon enough, he was hauling himself over the edge of the plateau and catching his breath on the wide expanse of rock. Just when he thought he had caught his breath, he felt his head swim and he sank to the ground, still huffing as he held up a paw. "Just...need...a minute..." he said between pants, coughing with the effort of speaking. His joints were on fire from the climb, and his heart was pounding in his chest.