View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2018, 08:57 PM
Crazy Fox Lover

My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Fishie View Post
Watertail awoke from her nap rather abruptly, her eye lids snapping open with an inaudible click. A strange tingle was in her pelt, and she felt like it was way too hot in the warriors den for sleeping.
Yawning, she stretched out her forepaws infront of her chest, her mouth agape in a wide yawn as her tongue curled lightly at the tip, pulling back to expose pearly white fangs and molars.
Standing up, she shook out her fur to rid her pelt of the drowsiness of sleep, and exited the den at a brisk pace.
She soon found out why it was so hot.
Blinking as the bright sun slammed into her blue orbs, she remembered the dawn patrol.
Great Starclan! No one ever takes responsibility to wake cats up these days. She hissed in her mind. Of course she felt so uncomfortable; her fur was slick with a blanket of sweat!
Trotting heavily under the sweltering mess of temperature, she heaved herself towards the killpile before thinking angrily in her mind about her useless apprentice, Thrushpaw.
Always so skittish, she would have to take him out for battle practice again today. Perhaps this time in the territory, get him familiar with woodland fighting grounds.
Sniffing in disgust at the scrappy leftovers of the killpile, she snorted haughtily before wrapping her teeth around a plump but stale shrew.
Her gag reflex kicked in.
She liked warm prey, but not burning! Hissing, she slammed her jaws shut until blood rushed into her mouth, a bit trickling down her muzzle. She jogged swiftly over to a patch of shade where she could devour her meal in peace.
After she had set the shrew down, it’s brown fur flattened on one side, she quickly swiped her tongue over her upper lip to rid the red substance from her outer appearance.
Settling down, she sat platantly next to her lunch with a foul look on her face.
Today was going to be tough. The sun was melting her fur off, she had overslept and skipped dawn patrol, and her meal tasted like it had been caught five sunrises ago.
Stamping her paws down, she reluctantly took a bite of the shrew, not noticing the female warrior nearby.

@Doodle
Hydrangeaspirit had been laid out in one of the shady parts of the clearing, trying to cool down. Having a fluffy coat, while incredibly useful in the cold moons, meant torture during Greenleaf. It was as if the heat built up in her fur, keeping her uncomfortable throughout the day. Back with her old group, the molly would have gone with a few fellow loners to swim in the nearby pond. But Thunderclan didn't have any ponds that she knew of. In fact, she hadn't heard a single cat mention swimming at all here. She wondered if it was an odd thing to these cats, and not unusually Hydrangea wished for her old life back. But that was impossible, the dog attack taking out most of her friends as well as her mother. Besides, Thunderclan wasn't all bad. There was sure to be a few friendly faces here. Movement caught her eye, and the white molly watched as another warrior headed her direction with a piece of prey from the fresh-kill pile. The other molly plopped right down about a tail-length from Hydrangea, and while she seemed to have a grumpy look on her face the former loner decided she might as well reach out and try to make a friend. Why come sit so close to her, after all, if the warrior didn't wish to speak to her?

"Good morning," Hydrangeaspirit hummed out, keeping her tone friendly. She wasn't yet sure how this warrior felt towards the white molly, but until proven otherwise Hydrangea would act as if the two were friends. If this feline proved to be among the majority that turned their nose up at her because of her non-Thunderclan heritage, then so be it. But it could never hurt to try. "Hot day, huh?" She continued with a flick of her tail. "I don't think I've ever had to go through a day with as much intense heat as this one. I don't even know how I'll be able to hunt with this thick pelt!" She gave a purr of amusement, using a paw to poke at her own white coat with a mock look of disgust on her face.

[COLOR="Pink"]I am an old user returning (and completely starting over). I may not remember you, if you do happen to remember me- I'm sorry!
|Character Site|