View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2018, 10:26 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
The tom flicked his ears as he sat down , his eyebrow raised in confusion . He wasn't allowed in the clearing when he was little , his mother always kept him near her in the nursery or told him to stay in there when she went to hunt. She always used threats such as " if you put one paw past the den entrance you'll be going to bed without fresh kill " . Was his mother just that clingy with him? Was she a bit of a mouse brain? Who knows. He snorted " hmm...strange...I wasn't allowed when I was little like you. " He meowed . He didn't mind the cats off eye color . He found it unique and it was a nice change in the normal colors that he saw. His yellow eyes shined a bit as he looked to the right spotting some apprentices playing " why don't you go join them? " he asked as he looked back at the kit. The apprentices didn't look that strong . So it may be alright , he studied the kit for a bit splitkit....I understand why but...what will his warrior name be?...Splitface ?. Eh...sounds like a rogue name to me...well this tom will certainly be a mystery when he grows .
Splitkit said nothing to the tom as he talked about his own time as a kit. Grown cats did this sometimes, he noticed. They'd talk about their own kithood. They'd talk about how times had been hard for them once and how they had gotten better. He didn't understand why they did this. He hadn't asked to know about their lives. And what did they have to gain from sharing this information. The warrior went on and looked at a group of apprentices playing nearby. Splitkit had noted them earlier. They were noisy. It annoyed him. "Don't want to," he replied simply. He didn't see the point of playing. All it did was put him in situations where he had to interact with other cats. This never seemed to go right. When other cats played together, they sometimes did so for hours and hours, their pace rapid and rushed. When he tried to play, the pace slowed, then stopped and the other cats wandered off. They didn't play right with him. The white tom was still there, still looking at him. He stared back. "Do you want something?" he asked. That seemed to be how this worked. Cats went up to other cats when they wanted something, then once they got it, they left. He didn't have anything to give though. Not to anyone.