View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2018, 09:08 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post

As Auroraflame moved through the forest, she couldn’t help but let her attention slip and focus on the wind. She liked the way it moved through her fur and the way it rustled the leaves in the forest, creating some background noise so she wouldn’t have to feel creeped out at every creak she heard and other unnatural sounds. For a few moments, she forgot the mission that she had been on and instead stopped and smiled, listening to the whistling of the wind and feeling the grass beneath her paws. It was at times like these where she wondered if this was what it was like to be a WindClan cat. If it was, then being in WindClan didn’t sound so bad. But then she remembered that WindClan’s territory lacked the protective cover of trees and probably hunted nothing but rabbits and shrews all day, which made her quickly made her push away the thoughts. Being a part of WindClan did sound kind of bad after all. As of this decision, Auroraflame remembered what her task had been and quickly she got a move on. She sniffed the air and was surprised but delighted to find Grousestar’s scent mixed into the wind. Now with a sense of where she was heading, she weaved her way past the trees and after a few minutes walking, she stumbled across her leader.
“Grousestar?” Her voice was uncertain, which was how she felt. The brown tabby looked so different. He didn’t look like his usual self; chirpy and bright. He was lying on the ground, staring up towards the sky and seemingly not paying attention to anything. He looked like he was deep in thought. “Grousestar?” she repeated. “Are you all right?” she asked, tilting her head to the side a little. Was something wrong? Surely something had to be wrong. Grousestar didn’t act like this. Grousestar was the bright light at the head of the clan, encouraging everyone and always able to find something to be positive about, he was much more optimistic than many cats among all the clans, including herself. And yet she seemed to be the happier one today. A small smile had been resting on her lips up until now. As Auroraflame wondered what might be wrong, her eyes widened a little as she realised that Grousestar might not be too appreciative of her intrusion. “I was looking for you. I wanted to know if you wanted to discuss your meeting with Blazingstar.” She said quickly. If she could at least tell him that she had an important reason to be here, maybe he would be more willing to let her stay, if he didn’t want her to be here that is. “I can leave if you’re busy though,” she continued, and glanced at her paws, feeling rather awkward and without anything else to make herself look like she was occupied.
An entire moon could have passed it seemed, and he would have hardly noticed it. There were so few times when he was so deeply involved in his thoughts like this, but he had been neglecting himself in that sense. He had been pushing the thoughts away, always saying to himself that he'd think about them, in detail later. But he couldn't just keep pushing them away. Now was a time when he needed to be completely sure of himself, as he had been, especially when he was new to leadership. Now wasn't the time to be uncertain, to not even trust your own thoughts. So he had elected today as the day to fully allow himself to put everything on the table and analyze it. The choices he's made, the current politics, and the uncertain futures.
It was only when he heard his name, and the familiar voice of his deputy, did he come crashing out of his head, realizing just where he was, and actually seeing his surroundings. It was one of his favorite places in the territory to come to. Blinking as his name was called again, he would turn his head to actually focus on the Bombay, registering the subtle hint of worry in her voice. Sighing, he would nod his head slightly to answer her question, his emerald gaze focusing on the ground for a moment before looking back up at her as he decided to add on a verbal reply as well.
"Fine. Just... Thinking. That's all." There was a note of tiredness, perhaps even exhaustion in his voice as he seemed to debate sitting up before ultimately deciding against it.
Hearing what she was here for, he had to blink again. He hadn't discussed it with her yet. What in the world am I do? Not even discussing these things with my deputy. I really am losing it. Shaking his head with a slight frown, he forced the negative thought from his mind.
"No! No. You can stay. I actually wanted to speak to you about that meeting. I guess before now it sort of slipped my mind. A lot of things lately have been slipping my mind lately it seems." A small sigh would escape him before he gestured with his tail to the spot next to him. "Make yourself comfortable."

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?