View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2018, 01:51 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
@Lonestar23 , @blue jellie , @Mauve , @Cosmo , @king kaleb! , @Silver Fishie

Shinefang had taken some herbs in preparation for this meeting. He didn't want to show any hint of limping or pain as he faced the other medicine cats tonight. Not only that, but it was Ringpaw's first journey to the Starcave. The last thing he wanted her to worry about was his health while he was introducing her. So he'd gulped down his willow bark as well as a poppyseed just to keep the discomfort at bay. He had never felt better. Well, perhaps a bit tired, but at his age a little tired was akin to normal. "It's right this way," he said to his apprentice, loping excitedly at his side. He parted his jaws to scent the approaching cave. Windclan... more Windclan? Nope, there was the fishy tinge. Riverclan... and Shadowclan too. He clenched his jaw. He could only imagine what a few of these cats would have to say to him about his behavior at the last gathering. But he'd face the scrutiny proudly, like the warrior he'd been. Once the cats were in view, he nodded to the cats he saw in turn. "Daydream. Flashpaw," he said, surprising himself for remembering the apprentices name. "Oriolepaw," he said, recognizing her by scent. "I was sorry to hear about Surgestorm. I have no doubt he was a good mentor." He then turned to Heathfur, and looked the shecat up and down with his only eye. "Heathfur. It's good to see Riverclan hasn't managed to lose yet another medicine cat...yet." On that note, he cleared his throat. "I have two orders of business to start with. First, this is Ringpaw, my apprentice. I'll be doing her ceremony tonight before we get started to officially introduce her to Starclan. Second, let me go ahead and get something out in the open right away: Yes, I did strike Fallenstar at the end of the last gathering. Yes I am aware of the fact that this was against the warrior code. However, the warrior code also demands that cats defend their clan even at the cost of their life. To me, that includes caring for and protecting the cats who dedicate themselves to serving their clan through healing. Us! All of us!" He looked at Heathfur, meeting the shecats eyes as he added, "And you. Riverclan has simply not done this in the last several seasons. They haven't managed to care for their medicine cats, and I believe this, by extension, is against the warrior code. Cats who do not live by the warrior code may not be allotted the privileges that the code offers like peace at gatherings. So, I am sorry that my actions were hasty and stirred up discomfort, but I cannot apologize for what I did." The old, battle-scarred tom sat on his haunches, his gaze calm as he waited, sure that some cat was bound to have something to say regarding his words, if not his actions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
@Lonestar23 @blue jellie @Cosmo @king kaleb! @Charmer @Silver Fishie

This was Heatherfur's first time traveling to the Starcave, as she had never done so in WindClan. Something about the journey had seemed different though; off. After the events of the last Gathering, which SkyClan's medicine cat attacking Fallenstar, the young feline had been in quite a shock. She wasn't as close to the leader in RiverClan were, so she hadn't stepped in, but now she felt the weight of heavy guilt rest upon her shoulders. She should've said something, in the very least. Fallenstar was the leader of her new Clan. Instead, she felt as though she had taken Shinefang's words personally. After all, she was Juniperpaw's replacement. All this had started because the former medicine cat of RiverClan had disappeared, leaving a bewildered Clan and an even more confused Heatherfur to step up into her place. Though she was learning from her training, it was still slow going, and would be awhile before Heatherfur felt she could call herself a true medicine cat. Even now it felt awkward following the pawsteps of so many Clan medicine cats that had come before her. I need to make it a point to learn RiverClan's medicine cat history, at least. I only really knew Geckoleaf, but I was in WindClan at the time. She felt it as a responsibility to not only herself, but her new Clan as well.

Up ahead, Heatherfur caught the scent of ShadowClan and WindClan, and instantly felt more relaxed. As far as she knew, she had no quarrel with either Daydream, his apprentice Flashpaw, or Oriolepaw. In fact, she had quite missed the felines. "Daydream! Flashpaw! Oriolepaw!" she called out, bounding ahead to catch up with them. She fell into step on their side, dipping her head to Oriolepaw as she passed the younger feline. "How are you doing, Oriolepaw?" she asked, concern round in her pale green eyes. She hoped that things were well in WindClan - after all, she still felt the tiniest of ties with them - and prayed that the stress of it all wasn't too much for Oriolepaw. After all, she had to assume that Surgestorm's deaht had affected her most of all - she was without any mentor. "I bet Surgestorm is really proud of you right now."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post

@Lonestar23 , @blue jellie , @Mauve , @king kaleb! , @Charmer , @Silver Fishie

The young molly's fur bristled as she walked up the path to the moonpool. It wasn't out of anger, oh no, the she-cat was far from angry. She was bristling in excitement and fear mixed together into some unnamed emotion. This was her first meeting at the moonpool, not to mention her first as a medicine cat. Surgestorm could have been here.. Oriolepaw thought, but quickly brushed the thought from her mind. It wouldn't help her to think about the death of her mentor. The molly's golden orbs spotted Daydream and Flashpaw walking a little while ahead of her. Oriolepaw quickened her pace until she was a bit behind them, deciding to let them have a bit of space if they wished.
@Lonestar23 , @blue jellie , @Mauve , @Cosmo , @Charmer , @Silver Fishie
ive decided every two days i will posts to keep the plot going, just so everyone knows!

daydream greated oriolepaw and heatherfur, dipping their head and running a tail along the apprentices spine. oriolepaw might techincally not be their apprentice, but they didnt want her to feel uncluded or alone. daydream was their mentor regardless, and would treat her just as equal as flashpaw. they grew tense watching shinefang pad up, not returning his greeting. but once they heard his words..they could help but speak up. he wasnt the only one that had lost juniperpaw. and whether he liked it or not - he was a medicine cat, not a warrior. they lived by one code before the other. they couldnt just go around starting wars. everything wasnt a battle. they were just as angry at fallenstar. hell. they had lost cricketpaw, and geckoleaf. all while he had somewhat power over his clan and watched him do nothing. "youre not a warrior," daydream snarled. both heatherfur and flashpaw knew how much the medicine cats in riverclan meant to them, so atleast they knew that their aggression wasnt coming out of no where. "are you so closed minded that you are willing to attack some leader, and dont you dare imply that heatherfur will be going next, as if she has the same fate as juniperpaw." they spat, stepping closer to the tom. "go off and start wars. but know its the medicine cats who have to pick it all up again. if you want to live the life of justice with violence, i suggest heading back the way you came and stripping your title." and with that, they turned his back to him, walking a bit faster ahead of everyone else and finally stepping into the starcave. it was pretty, how the light of the moon reflected off of the water and created patterns on the ceiling. they felt bitter sitting here. they disliked starclan with a passion. they had done nothing but take take and take from them. but they still had a duty to uphold.