Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2018, 05:24 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: The Starcave

@Lonestar23 , @blue jellie , @Mauve , @Cosmo , @king kaleb! , @Silver Fishie

Shinefang's ears flattened against his head, and his fangs showed through parted lips as the Shadowclan medicine cat snarled at him. Clearly Daydream hadn't listened to him or they would have heard that he was just as concerned about Heathfur as they were. The only thing that he had implied was that Riverclan had failed its medicine cats thus far and history confirmed this. The Shadowclan cat stormed off before he could make a reply, so he turned to Ringpaw. Here she was at her first medicine cat gathering where he had tried to be upfront about his actions, and the poor apprentice had been left to witness her elderly mentor getting slandered with demands to give up his duty as a medicine cat. With a wave of his bushy, yellow tail, he patted the little calico on the back. "Don't worry about Daydream. I think they were born with burrs in their pelt. The rest of the medicine cats are perfectly friendly. Mingle for a bit if you like, and when you're ready, I'll be waiting for you inside the cave." He padded on into the cave coolly for Ringpaw's sake, but he was fighting to keep his fur from bristling.

That Daydream has some kind of nerve talking to me like that. So they've never done anything hasty in their life before? And just because they've been a medicine cat longer than me doesn't mean that I'm not a fine healer for my clan. And in any case, it's not up to them to decide who should be a medicine cat and who shouldn't. If Daydream wants to make calls like that, perhaps they should have been a leader. Maybe then, they wouldn't always skulk around like a furry ball of self pity!

All of this flew through the old tom's mind as he took a seat next to the moonpool, glowing with dazzling brightness in the moonlight. He sat on the opposite side of Daydream, as far away from them as he could get.