Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2018, 06:09 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: The Starcave

@Lonestar23 , @blue jellie , @Mauve , @Cosmo , @king kaleb! , @Silver Fishie

Shinefang merely nodded at his apprentice, and cleared his throat. In the span of time it took for him to do this, he tried to memorize everything around him: the smells, the sounds, the sights. This might be one of the biggest moments he'd have with his apprentice. He didn't know if he'd see the end of next leafbare. He couldn't be sure he'd live to give her her full medicine cat name. He hadn't known the young calico long, but he was already certain of one fact; she was good. Intrinsically good in a way many cats were not. Caring, diligent, and genuine in her desire to serve her clanmates. Though the old tom would gladly live forever and serve his precious Skyclan every day of it, he knew that on the day he had to go, he would be leaving Skyclan in capable paws.

"I, Shinefang, Medicine cat of Skyclan, call upon our warrior ancestors to look down on this young cat as she seeks to follow the path of serving her clan through healing. Ringpaw, is it your wish to enter the mysteries of StarClan as a medicine cat apprentice?"

"It is."

The old tom placed his tail on the shecat's shoulder and stared dwon into the pool. How strange it was to be saying these words, to be calling on Straclan when not so very long ago, he have just as soon clawed a star-pelted warrior as spoke to one. Slatepelt had changed that. When he walked with her in the shining fields of Starclan's hunting grounds, for the first time in a long while, he felt calm. But now, he tightened his grip on the shecat's shoulder's just a little and said a silent prayer.

Slatepelt, watch over her for me.

"Warriors of StarClan, I present you with this apprentice. she has chosen the path of a medicine cat. Grant her your wisdom and insight so that she may understand your ways and heal her Clan in accordance with your will."

He turned to her then, and quietly said to her, "Touch you muzzle to the surface of the pool, close your eyes, and let yourself drift off." His instructions given, he bent on his stiff legs, touched his nose to the water, and felt sleep wash over him like a gentle breeze carrying his mind away.