View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2018, 03:50 PM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliance View Post

Lynxtalon felt that he found a perfect target. The molly was only only a bit of a distance, cozily by herself, lounging in the grass. She was a pretty tortoiseshell color, maybe a few moons older than him? It didn't matter to him much because they were both warriors, under the same title, so that alone gave him confidence. Lynxtalon always been pretty confident, especially having a mentor who he looked up to ever since he was a small kit. He gave his chestfur a couple licks, ruffling his short pelt up to give off that 'bad boy' appeal that many of the ladies seem to enjoy. He was pepping himself up to start approaching her when another familiar feline caught him off guard. Lynxtalon jumped, his head pulling back when...who was this? His vision was blurred at first until it cleared and made out the figure of one of his best friends. His ears twitched, ''Oh, hiya, Mothy!" He greeted, exuberantly.

Lynxtalon knew he haven't been the greatest of friend to her with being more focused on making many other friends and focusing on his skills. She kinda just faded in the background, but despite that, she was still his number one friend...he just needed to learn to put her first. Of course, his eyes glanced quickly at the molly he did want to chat with, but he quickly brushed her aside to focus on his friend that was in front of him. He swiped his tail affectionately over her ear. He chuckled at her, ''I feel pretty much the same. Being a warrior doesn't seem all that different and all.'' That was a total lie, but Lynxtalon was simply playing it cool. It was awesome being a warrior! Evidently, he couldn't contain in his excitement for too long because he started bouncing and swishing his tail excitedly. ''It's so awesome being a warrior, Mothy! The other warriors treat you as their equal instead of some little kit. Then, there's sharing prey with them and having mature conversations...it's so amazing. You're going to love being a warrior! You know, when you get there and all.'' He laughed, flashing her a quick smile. ''Not to even forget to mention how much I love my name. I can say it all day!'' He mused with a purr. ''Lynxtalon, Lynxtalon, Lynxtalon, Lynxtalon, Lynxtalon, Lynxtalon, Lynxtalon, Lynxtalon, Lynxtalon, Lynxtalon, Lynxtalon, Lynxtalon...'' He trailed off with a blissful sigh. It was no surprise that Lynxtalon earned the suffix of his name because of his long, sharp claws. ''I can't wait until you earn your name, Mothy. What do you think it's going to be?''

She saw he wasn't looking at her, but she didn't think that matter to much, but when she saw how shocked he was she felt bad. "Sorry!" she exclaimed. Mothpaw glanced over her shoulder and saw a pretty tortoiseshell she-cat. Seriously? Now he's after warrior mollies? She sighed, but didn't comment on it, quickly turning her attention back to Lynxtalon.

As soon as he said the first sentence she knew it wasn't true. From the way he was lounging around staring at pretty she-cats, it didn't seem too different. But she knew it had to be. Being an apprentice met being trained, not trusted. A warrior was an all new title. It was something you had earned from moons of hard work. It had to be different. Then he spoke again. Knew it! She listened intently to his explanation of warrior life. Being treated like a warrior and not a kit. Mothpaw did feel like she was treated like a kit sometimes, so it would be wonderful not to be. "Lynxtalon is a lovely name," she said honestly, "It suits you perfectly!" When he asked her the question about her name, she had to think a bit. Mothpetal, Mothflower, Mothheart, Mothwillow, Mothleg, Mothfeather, Moth.... Perhaps Mothheart or Mothleg, maybe even Mothwillow. "Maybe Mothheart, what do you think Lynxy?"