View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2018, 09:19 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: ShadowClan Warriors' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post

He blinked in surprise as the other feline's head shot up. Had he startled his Clanmate? It seemed he was shocked, but why? Was it the fact that he was... him? He didn't think himself as... popular, per se, but he used to be the deputy. Getting himself demoted only made himself more known. Well, just because he was well-known didn't mean he would treat himself like he was the Clan leader. No, he was a warrior. On the same level as everyone else.

But before he could say, do anything, even formulate a thought, Ibisprowl started to speak. Oh no, he seemed nervous. He didn't really want that kind of vibe from himself, maybe he had been too formal. Windygale himself was usually awkward and loud, and he loved conversation. The thing was, he believed he was getting better at pairing names with faces. Ugh, he could still recall his first Gathering, not recognizing Auroraflame, perhaps one of the most seasoned deputies. But he was getting better, and maybe that was becoming more formal than his usual "Hey... you!" He also believed that the pressures of deputyship had forced him to lose part of his joking nature and gain a more serious, businesslike one at times.

"No - no, Ibisprowl, you're fine. I just wanted to talk, if that's fine with you." He shifted his weight, trying t move just a smidge to get the tension out of his muscles. He hoped to have just a normal conversation with Ibis, get to know more than just his name. After giving Ibis a decent amount of time for a response, he asked a question. "So... how have you been doing?" Honestly, the fuzzy feline hated conversation starters. They were all so bland and only left room for a select few responses. And yet that's all he could think of. Just, how are you. Yuck.
The young tom couldn't help his nervousness, he was naturally a nervous wreck, but even more so around cats with authority. Even if Windygale was demoted, he still was the main driving force behind peacekeeper rallies along with Daydream, and, well, he was the deputy. Ibisprowl was a quiet tom, mostly reclusive but could be prodded into conversation with others given the right cat. He needed more friends, but who would approach a sad, quiet, soft spoken recluse like him? It surprised him every time another cat spoke to him, even if it was just a deputy assigning him to a patrol. It was as if the idea that another cat knew that he existed surprised him.

Talk? But about what? Does he think I did something? Does he think I told on him? Does he want to tell me I need to be a better warrior? His mind rattled off so many terrible things that the former deputy might want to talk to him about, and his gaze drifted away to look at his paws, troubled and growing upset as his thoughts spiraled into worse and worse ideas. Then he realized that he never really responded to the other tom and immediately tensed up. You idiot, you look like you totally ignored him!
"Oh sorry, um. Y-Yes.. I'm... I'm fine w-with talking." He'd offer a trembling smile to go with his soft voice. The conversation goes much different than his worried, dark mind thought it would go, and a small look of confusion would cross his features. He actually just wants to... Talk?

"O-Oh um. Well..." Ibisprowl didn't really know Windygale, but he didn't want to lie to the tom either. So maybe he'd only give half of the truth and hope that the other cat wouldn't question him further on it?
"S-Stressed... And kind of lonely, but that's. Not really new for me. Other cats don't really talk to me." Ibisprowl would mumble the last sentence and glance around before letting out a quiet sigh. There was a long pause before he realized he needed to continue the conversation. "Y-You've been doing okay though, right?"

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?