View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2019, 07:47 PM
definitely NOT an alien

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
@Delta

nightpaw nodded in understanding, green eyes brightening - like they always did around tallmarsh. “enough said! let's get you out of here.”

she trotted happily alongside her old mentor, memories returning from when she was first apprenticed. she’d almost forgotten how competitive they used to be. best hunter? me! best fighter? me, me! best patroller? me!! ah, the memories. it sucks how they don't get the chance to hangout everyday like they used to. nightpaw eventually withdrew herself from her thoughts and finally looked up at her dark tabby friend. “so, troubles at the medicine den, hm?” her question was rhetorical, merely a conversation starter. “well, no biggie. everybody has their downfalls - even i, believe it or not.” the large apprentice smiled cheekily at tallmarsh, ears perked. “but it’s good to see you're finally out of that herb-stinkin’ den! i hope your eyes are adjusting to the sun okay.” her whiskers twitched playfully with the tang of tease and sarcasm in her tone, chest fur fluffed. “let’s see if you’re still the best climber in all of thunderclan! my stomach is screaming for some squirrel this morning.”

Tallmarsh squinted up at the sky, playing along. "Eh, I dunno. I think I may have spent too much time in the dark," she said. Tallmarsh had forgotten how chatty her former apprentice was--Nightpaw was jumping from one topic to another without even leaving room for the medicine cat to talk. The dark tabby flicked her tail at Nightpaw. "Of course I am! How do you think I can reach those herbs at the top of my store?" she retorted with a teasing, boastful tone. Although she was bantering with Nightpaw and having fun, Tallmarsh could still feel the weight of her stress on her chest. She had only been medicine cat for a couple moons--she still had a lot to learn--but in light the recent battle, it seemed that she had had to heal the whole clan twice. All of this stress had been building up, and without anyone to go to about it, Tallmarsh had been taking it out on others--notably, her patients. She was glad for Nightpaw. Her former apprentice was one of the few cats who she would never be able to snap at. Somehow Nightpaw helps Tallmarsh to control her anger--even if it's just a little bit. Maybe it's because she's like me, except not angry? The medicine cat started trotting towards the exit of camp. "Don't forget, Nightpaw! We have to feed the clan before we can feed ourselves. It's in the warrior code," she scolded lightly.