Thread: SkyClan Nursery
View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2016, 04:14 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited Darkness View Post

Lioncry, who had been talking to Ravenpaw about how to change the bedding looked up, then told Ravenpaw to go to sleep or something, because Ravenpaw looked ready to drop. She looked up at Grousestar then stepped forward calmly.
“I'll take her.” she meowed, her voice saying that that was final. As she looked the smoke black tabby kit up and down, she noticed that the kit looked a bit too big for an unweaned kit, and seemed nearly old enough to become an apprentice, but perhaps the kit was just abnormally large? She shrugged and took another step forwards, though more hesitant than before.
The kit looked so helpless and innocent, and Lioncry sat patiently in front of her leader, curious as to what he might tell her. She couldn't leave a kit without a mother, or at least a foster mother. She would gladly take in the kinless and helpless bundle of silver and gray fluff.
Considering that Grousestar has never actually dealt with kits before, he had no clue when they were weaned or how to tell their age, that was usually left to the queens to figure out and he was most certainly not a queen. So perhaps he was wrong to assume that the kit hadn't been weaned, who knew.
Ears perking up as he heard a voice say I'll take her, the leaders attention immediately turned to Lioncry, his smile widening and his tail slowly uncurling from the kit to reveal her to the queen.
"How noble of you Lioncry, I truly hope it's not too much to ask of you. If she ever becomes a problem, see me about it, but somehow I doubt that she will be."
The brown tabby tom looked down at the helpless little kit with a fondness that he showed to every cat of his clan, gently brushing the tip of his tail over her back before scooting back to allow the queen to take her, nodding his head in encouragement.
"Go on and take her, I'll be in the clearing if you need me."Purred out the tom before getting up, dipping his head to her and turning to leave the nursery.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?