Thread: SkyClan Nursery
View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2016, 06:55 PM
questionmark

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: SkyClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
Considering that Grousestar has never actually dealt with kits before, he had no clue when they were weaned or how to tell their age, that was usually left to the queens to figure out and he was most certainly not a queen. So perhaps he was wrong to assume that the kit hadn't been weaned, who knew.
Ears perking up as he heard a voice say I'll take her, the leaders attention immediately turned to Lioncry, his smile widening and his tail slowly uncurling from the kit to reveal her to the queen.
"How noble of you Lioncry, I truly hope it's not too much to ask of you. If she ever becomes a problem, see me about it, but somehow I doubt that she will be."
The brown tabby tom looked down at the helpless little kit with a fondness that he showed to every cat of his clan, gently brushing the tip of his tail over her back before scooting back to allow the queen to take her, nodding his head in encouragement.
"Go on and take her, I'll be in the clearing if you need me."Purred out the tom before getting up, dipping his head to her and turning to leave the nursery.
Lioncry could tell that the kit looked about two moons, so old enough to eat solid food, but still be rather young. She reached forwards a drew the kit close with a gentle sweep of her golden brown tail, the black tip catching the sunlight slightly as she did so. She bent, giving the kit a thorough grooming and wrapping her tail around it.
“Do you have a name, little one?” she asked soothingly between gentle but firm strokes of her rough tongue. She nodded to Grousestar, though her attention was fully focused on the kit by then. She lay on her side, continuing to lap gentle at the small kit's head, a deep purr rumbling from the golden furred molly's throat and chest.
It was true, she wasn't tectonically a queen, but the kit could probably take solids, even if Lioncry had to chew it into a pulp first.
Whatever was necessary. She looked down at the fragile bundle, pausing thoughtfully and studying her new adopted kit. She had no idea her day was going to take this unexpected turn,
but for this kit, this unexpected turn probably was saving her life. Lioncry rested her muzzle on the kit's head for a few heartbeats before continuing to clean the kit's fur.