View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2019, 12:48 PM

My Mood: Happy
Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliance View Post

It was a good thing that Ploverpaw had a thick pelt because if he didn’t, he didn’t know what might end up happening to him in this freezing cold. During these times, he was glad he didn’t have a short pelt, but then he’d be eating those words once Greenleaf came because it would be undeniably hot, then he’d be swimming and have to deal with a soaked pelt. Having a thick pelt was not easy to dry. The tom wandered the territory alone, trying to practice more on his hunting. He wasn’t necessarily trying to catch anything, but he was just focusing on his aim because he wasn’t a very good hunter. It made him exasperated that he couldn’t do anything right, and his mentor would constantly tell him that practice makes perfect, but the tom was stubborn and impatient. If he couldn’t get it on the first try, what was the point of getting anywhere at all? Then again, Ploverpaw was probably a terrible hunter because he was horrible at paying attention. He got distracted too easily; an example being now as the tom rather go in circles each time his paw left prints below him. He was quite fascinated by it greatly.
Hunting was boring. And tiring. The last place Swanpaw wanted to be was out here, in the cold, practicing something she was already good at. Her mentor had said she was good at it, right? She was fine! ”This is idiotic. What am I doing out here, why shouldn’t I just go back? He’ll never know, anyways. Stupid, stubborn old-” Swanpaw cut herself off as soon as she caught sight of another pelt through the trees. The tom looked young (possibly an apprentice, maybe around her age) and looked like he was focusing on something that she couldn’t see. As she got closer, she stopped suddenly, realizing he was… chasing his own tail? What was he doing? All she could see was that he was going around in circles, zeroed in on something on the ground. Better than hunting, she thought with a shrug, settling in to watch this crazy tom. Who knows, maybe he’ll actually be interesting. At least I’m not being forced to do something stupid. I’m doing what I want to do. It wasn’t her first choice, not by a long shot, but StarClan forbid she should have to do any actual work. She was naturally talented, wasn’t she? Her mentor had said that. True, it was to get her to stop sulking about failing (this was a long time ago, when she’d first started training) but that didn’t make it any less true!